"rubbery" penis

I was just wondering-- does anyone know the scientific or medical reason behind the side effect of a more “rubbery” penis, or the loss of sensation in the penis?

While I can still achieve erections, my penis seems to have lost a lot of sensation and it feels a lot less full than before. will stopping the drug fix this and why?? thanks for your help…

1 Like

Why are you still posting here if you continue to take the medication? Get off it and see if the problems resolve.

In general the penile numbness is likely due to androgen deprivation, possible penile fibrosis, loss of Nitric Oxide Synthase and NADPH function in the penis, loss of local 5AR2 and DHT conversion in penile tissues, and various other factors which contribute to the problem.

and these should all resolve once I stop? I’m just reluctant to stop in a way because I’ve read some scary stories of people on this forum saying that they’re sides magnified after quitting the drug…

I think you should stop right away. I have the same side effects and I’m scared to death. I only took it for about a month.

did teh rubbery penis feeling ever go away? @Mew, @nervous628, @dremel

is this stillt he leading theory behind the hard flaccid rubbery penis from fin/dut use?

I’m almost afraid To even ask
Will the potential cure of fixing the epigenetic problem address this problem retroactively?

Can it undo the damage or at least begin to heal it?

1 Like

i think with stem cells, and new therapies in the future we will have some way sto reverse this… i dont know if we will ever have our penis feeling 100% l ike it did before all this hellish drugs, bu ti have hope for improvements in the penis health deparetment in the future. as for the question, i dont think reversing the epigenetic changes will suddenly cause the penis to become unrubbery. think of a tsunami washing over a city, the water can go away (the epigenetic damage/ methylated expressions etc) but just because the water left, the city is still damaged by the flood (in this case city is the penis, being healthy cells became dead or fibrotic. so my hope is in the future, they can inject penile cells and replicate them locally at the site. which they did in rabbits already in 2009 study… so there is some hope for us

2 Likes

I certainly F’n hope so man

I can attest my penis is currently less rubbery now than it was before, as is currently more healthy looking in general than how it was right after my symptoms crash. It varies though, but that’s the thing, it’s not permanent damage. If it was permanent damage and not just how your gene expression, I think the tissue could be tested for damage, right?

2 Likes

Yea but I’ve spent 1 year trying to test for damage and doctors just tell me to take a pill and get psychological counseling as of its all in my head. I just need a biopsy of my corpus cavernosum to compare to the rat studies and see if the inside of my penis became like those. I don’t think mri can spot this organ wide change because it will just look the same as a healthy penis. Only imaging can find clumps of fibrosis in one area, like from a fracture… Or if someone has smaller arteries /blood flow speed

Mine went away a couple of years after stopping, then stayed near normal to pre PFS (though not the same) for many years.

Unfortunately I had another crash last year and it went back to it. I also don’t really know why it got better and why it got worse.

What did you crash from?

Fin then after a few years got back to life

Zinc and bad lifestyle now