Retinoic acid generation is a clearance pathway for vitamin a toxicity

Taking Accutane maybe could halt this process (natural retinoic acid generation), maybe in some long term.
Here they are talking about excess retinal being toxic to vision. Im not sure if the same thoughts could be applied systemically.

All- trans -retinoic acid generation is an antidotal clearance pathway for all- trans -retinal in the retina*

the generation of atRA may significantly relieve the cytotoxicity of atRal in human retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells.

Free atRal released from rhodopsin following photoexcitation functions as an indispensable intermediate of the visual cycle (Liu et al., 2016). These molecules are cytotoxic and could cause retinal degeneration when excessively accumulated in the retina (Maeda A et al., 2008; Maeda T et al., 2009; Li et al., 2015). Thus, effective clearance of atRal is crucial for retinal health and vision maintenance.

“Plasma retinol is a major determinant of vitamin A utilization in rats” study, obviously we are not rats but a good read.

Adding to this, the possibility of Retinoic acid to treat dry eye.
Id also note epithelial-damaging effects.

All- trans -retinoic acid function in the absence of precursors all- trans -retinol or retinaldehyde[edit]

All -trans -retinoic acid is responsible for most of the activity of vitamin A1, save visual pigment effects that require retinal (retinaldehyde), and cell metabolism effects that may require retinol itself. Also, some biochemical functions necessary for fertility in vitamin A deficient male and female mammals originally appeared to require all-trans-retinol for rescue, but this is due to a requirement for local conversion of all-trans-retinol to all-trans-retinoic acid, as administered all-trans-retinoic acid does not reach some critical tissues unless given in high amounts. Thus, if animals are fed only all-trans-retinoic acid but no vitamin A1 (all-trans-retinol or retinal), they suffer none of the growth-stunting or epithelial-damaging effects of lack of vitamin A1 (including no xerophthalmia—dryness of the cornea). They do suffer retina degeneration and blindness, due to retinal (retinaldehyde) deficiency.

So I was reading on quite a few cases of eye floaters caused by Accutane, tinnitus as well.
This guy only took 10 pills.

Only after 10 pills of Accutane

https://www.acnearchives.com/4158
Again I just wonder if an outside source of retinoic acid stops the endogenous conversion of retinol and or retinal (retinaldehyde) to retinoic acid as a clearance pathway and thats what becomes toxic.

Would be good to get ra levels tested, dont know if its obsorption issues now or a break in the chain.

Vitamin A makes my skin a bit dry but retinol doesn’t budge much so maybe I don’t obsorb it properly.