Retinoic acid exerts sexually dimorphic effects over muscle energy metabolism and function

This might be a pretty good read here.
Retinoic acid may be more important in males than females and if a person wanted to say the androgen receptors are overexpressed, this could further suppress retinoic acid function.

Retinoic acid exerts sexually dimorphic effects over muscle energy metabolism and function

RA induces proliferation of cultured myoblasts and sustains their survival, suggesting a contribution to skeletal muscle regeneration (30, 31). Pharmacological dosing with RARγ agonists stimulates skeletal muscle repair and reduces extent of fatty fibrotic tissue lesions in a muscle injury model (32).

The present data complement insight into the anti-obesity effects of RA by revealing that endogenous RA promotes skeletal muscle fatty acid oxidation, glucose uptake, mitochondrial function and ATP biosynthesis in males, but restricts the same in females.

In contrast to estrogen actions, androgens repress RAR mRNA in rat prostate (59), whereas RA suppresses androgen receptor expression in rat testis (60). The decreased performance by Rdh10 +/− males would reflect decreased RA signaling and amplified repression of RAR by androgen.

Yeah RA does feel androgenic, back when I was taking 80,000iu of retinyl palmitate, it really was noticeable.

But I do question if prostrate cancer is a risk taking retinyl palmitate, any views on this?

Funny I actually had this open in another tab. Once again Vitamin a dietary intake would not be the issue at all, but its conversion to its active form retinoic acid.

ALDH expression and regulation in prostate cancer

Some ALDHs may also contribute to regulation of AR pathways, with implications for normal prostate development, prostate carcinogenesis and progression to androgen-independent disease

You want to talk about skin changes or rapid aging. I mean not you but in general,
Retinoic acid is the most potent skin anti-aging drug there is.
Even though it can initially cause inflammation or irritation.

Retinoids reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen. They also stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin, which improves skin color.

^They talk about this in the study?