Retin-A inhibits DHT?

Long time lurker, first time poster. So I “think” I’ve managed to recover from long term sides of using propecia & proscar for thinning hair. And I’m willing to share my experience with all those poor souls out there that were and are still suffering from PFS.

Long story short, used Retin-A (topical tretinoin) as a treatment for my long standing facial acne and saw major drop in my libido alongside symptoms of depression. This reminds me of finesteride symptoms when I experienced them.

Does anyone know if Retin-A (topical tretinoin) inhibits DHT? I decided to stop retin a altogether and see if symptoms subside.

Thanks fellas!

So did you symptoms improve after stopping Retin-A?

Does anyone ever considered that most PFS-Users somehow used topical or internal use of retinoids such as accutane oder Retin-A? Because I did.

Before trying isotretinoin, I had a short trial with tretinoin cream, which gave me immediate ED and depression in just 2 days. on about 5th day i decided to stop. And two days after something clicked in my brain and everything returned to normal including EQ and libido. Just sharing this for records here, it resembles the similar experience as isotretinoin. probably have same mechanism but milder, and thats probably the reason i recovered from cream.

1 Like

Wow. Never heard of a reaction like that from Retin-A. Probably another case of pharma misrepresenting absorption of a topical med.