Restoring sensitivity to androgens using bicalutamide - a somewhat crazy proposal

Thank you, I will pop in here occasionally as the situation develops.

2 Likes

I’m under the impression that people who see mild improvement with something can then dramatically worsen when they increase doses.

I’ve skimmed your post so forgive me if this is irrelevant, but I would suggest caution in all things. If you’ve got a positive result, maybe continue doing what you’re doing and see how that works out before pushing for more. Perhaps you’d do well to maintain your improvement for a time and see if things gradually get better, the alternative might mean risking all your gains and your previous baseline.

Update:
Worth noting that people here using anti androgens here have a long history of feeling better for a time, then crashing, often ending up in a dramatically worse position. As I understand it, what you’re taking is an anti androgen.

How about E2? I guess there was a sharp rise in E2 and prolactin since there was galactorrhea at the beginning of the Fina.

How’d this go buddy?

I feel better overall but I also have estrogenic symptoms (bloat and water retention, abdominal fat gain). I believe what happened after I took this is that my sex hormone production shot up but my 5-AR is still suppressed so now my testosterone is overconverting into estrogen. Gonna get a DHT test this weekend, currently playing with more tribulus and aromatase inhibitors to try and get this bastard reductase to a level where it balances out with the estrogen.

Bicalutamide might be promising but it seems we still need a way to uncork that 5-AR gene.

Has anyone else tried this?

I don’t think de-methylation is going to be successful at all for restroing androgen receptor sensitivity.

Heck if anything, your androgen receptors are most likely antagonized and there’s no way you can affect them nor do anything in regards to receptors density/sensitivity.

Altough, inducing hypermethylation can help with hair-loss

• Hair loss, androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, is not caused by DHT. DHT triggers it but only under a certain circumstance. This circumstance being the loss of androgen receptor gene methylation in hair follicles (study)
2 Likes

@Abacus Yours is perhaps one of the most interesting statements I’ve read in recent weeks. I see this text as a further piece to this puzzle.

1 Like