Research: Finasteride, GABA-A and mental/anxiety problems

No. I always felt better the day after drinking, but it would not last and ultimately I would end up feeling worse. It is a nice respite once in awhile.

Agreed as well. My speech actually becomes close to perfect with alcohol (ethanol), at least while it’s in me…

I have sometimes when I drink the alcohol doesnt get me drunk like it used to. I can get drunk sometimes and other times its like im fine

this is exactly what i also experienced

I just stumbled upon this: benzobuddies.org/forum/index … ic=18353.0 . I thought it might be of interest to you. When reading this thread, I was asking myself how many guys there actually used benzos to treat anxiety and depression that was actually caused by their finasteride usage…

I am so happy I was lucky enough to discover this site after one week of fin before I did permanent damage to my body. I can’t thank you enough for this. I’m trying to help whenever I can.

Good luck.

[Size=4]It’s official:[/size]

[Size=4]December 2010 – Depression has been added by Merck USA as an officially reported post-marketing side effect from Propecia (Finasteride) use.

Read Details: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4666[/size]

Researchers now suspect low levels of Allopregnanolone (a neurosteroid) could be a factor in Multiple Sclerosis, as noted below.

Finasteride inhibits Allopregnanolone production as noted here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=202
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38

Interesting to note that loss of hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme function (ie, 3a-HSD) was identified as a key culprit in the below. Allopregnanolone synthesis requires functional 3a-HSD enzymes.

3a-diol G (metabolite of DHT, via DHT -> 3a-HSD enzyme -> 3a-diol G pathway) has been documented to be surpressed by Finasteride in the FDA clinical trials at similar amounts as DHT, and many men on Propeciahelp.com have documented below range 3a-diol G levels post-drug: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2763

It would be interesting to test 3a-HSD enzyme activity, somehow. The below info is more related to the cognitive effects that can arise by inhibiting Allopregnanolone, however.

[Size=4]Genetic abnormality found in MS patients [/size]
theglobeandmail.com/life/health/new-health/paul-taylor/genetic-abnormality-found-in-ms-patients/article2176500/

[Size=4]Brain Steroids Found Lacking in MS[/size]
medpagetoday.com/clinical-context/MultipleSclerosis/28655

1 Like

When is the medicinal version of allopregnanalone getting approved again?

Im also curious how injections of allopregnanelone (or 3ahsd) would effect 3adiolg

Mew, that MS article was a great find. Very scary, however.

Doesn’t progesterone convert to allopregnanolone?

Maybe it would be worth posting about progesterone/ alloregnanolone on the bodybuilding forums?

Allopregnanelone and Alzheimer’s.

pnas.org/content/107/14/6498.full.pdf

My dr gave me 20mg of daily progesterone - disast er

Why sim? I’m on 25mg of daily oral pregnenolone for past couple weeks. No improvement. How is progesterone messing u up and how long you taking it?

I’m gonna try to get all my mineral and amino acids checked to make sure my precursors are all ok.

took it for 2 weeks and became extremely fatigued.

My fatigue has got significantly worse past 12 months, following all of which contributed:

-pnemonia

• trying to swtich from HGH to GHR-6
  • progesterone
  • trying to get off HGH
  • trying DHEA and pregenolone

“Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.”