Reducing file sizes so that I can post pics

Does anyone know how to do this? I’d like to post pictures of before I developed this condition and then when I developed it and when things got worse so people can see the things I talk about in my posts.

I get an error when I try to post pictures due to the large file size. Any help would be appreciated. @axolotl @awor

1 Like

Bro Resize images with a photo editor

Yes, like @Demon said, you need to reduce the size of your image. If you don’t have an editor, the open source program Gimp is highly recommended. Our upload max. is 3MB. How far are you off? In any case, please don’t upload any high res images right out of camera. Reduce size to no wider than 1000px. You can find many good tutorials on Youtube, for example:

Also, you can easily optimize an image with JPEGmini, maybe that’s already enough to bring down your size.

1 Like

It says it’s 2.6MB, so that’s weird let me try this. Might try uploading random stuff here to see if it works

Edit: tried to use my iphone to reduce the size and it didn’t work. ill have to wait till I get to a computer to use the links you provided

2.6MB is huge in web terms, what is the size of your pic in pixels? You should typically get by with a few 100K max, for web optimized pics, or even much less.

thank you awor!!!

there we go. used an app found in the iphone App store called Photo Compress

2 Likes