Recovery windows

I am right now in a recovery window and find it interesting that all symptoms are gone, whether it is depression, low libido or numbness (genital and body). Not sure what to attribute it to, just had a cold with an antibiotic course that ended a week ago, took prednisolone for 6 days, started a liver detox tea and had hypnosis sessions…Only new things are prednisolone and hypnosis. I also have been more strict carnivore/keto and mostly no dairies.
Nevertheless, body odor is back, full yawning, libido is almost normal, numbness is almost gone.
Makes you wonder how they are related to a common mechanism.
Having had a few of these in the last six months since PFS started, I fully expect it to revert but it’s amazing to feel normal for a bit!

2 Likes

This is what gives me tremendous hope that this entire accursed syndrome is curable.

I am sure it is curable, as in addition to recovery windows, we also have people that have recovered entirely. As a type 2 diabetes that was dealing with neuropathy prior to taking Fin, I find the same foods aggravate both and the numbness I feel now with PFS is an extension (although much much worse) of the peripheral neuropathy I had developed with Type 2 DM.
Interesting that symptom relief comes from the same diet that will also treat epilepsy in children.
Another interesting fact I noticed recently: Prednisolone was making my blood glucose rise a lot, but unless I ate carbohydrates I would not notice any worsening of neuropathic symptoms. On the other hand I can sometimes have a little bit of carbs that will not be enough to raise my BG but will still give me neuropathic symptoms, as in an allergic reaction.
Since a lot of us have become sensitive to so many foods it would seem Fin has affected the ability to process them. What is the mechanism for that?

1 Like

I only had one recovery window before my first crash. I had erections from cuddling and i had sex in march 2022 but it was last time and after crash everything just jumped from the 10th floor on the ground

I am not sure whether I have had a crash or not. When side effects came on I had full body numbness, suicidal thoughts, complete impotence, testicular pain, prostate pain.
Right now I feel extreme fatigue/dizziness but I can’t figure out if I am having a PFS crash or if it’s from a cold/flu. My sexual function is not great but I can have sex, although it is unsatisfying. How would I know it’s a crash?

I thought I had PFS before the crash and panicked a lot, but apart from the lack of libido, I was healthy and already considered it a tragedy.