This was supposed to be posted on the recovery stories section, but for some reason I am not able to post anything there. English is not my first languangue, so there maybe some incorrect terms in the following text.
Well, I started using propecia in 2006 and had to leave it in 2012. At first, the low libido came but it just lasted about three weeks, then everyhing was normal until 2012. I used the original propecia the first year (which was very expensive by the time), so I have maybe the bad idea of researching on the internet about alternatives.
Then I found many post about using proscar (or any other generic) as an alternartive. I found also that many other users, like me, found very challenging tu cut the 5 mg pill perfectly into 5 pieces of 1 mg; so after reading the ‘most common solution’ I did the same: cut the pill into 4 pieces of 1.25 mg. That could have helped to make the problem bigger.
So basically one day of 2012 I realized that I had not masturbate for a long row of days (I din’t have a girlfriend by the time). I could not explain myself why. But when I tried I found the big problem: I was not able to have an erection. Watching porn didn’t make a difference, my penis was dead.
Immediately I remembered the side effects of the first three weeks with propecia, so I did what all of you have already done: go to Internet and look for information. There were not good news: propecia offical web site was down, and a lot information about permanent side effects were everywhere. I think that reading those things was the worst thing I could do, you’ll see later why.
So, here is the summary of my recovery story:
- It took around 4 years to get totally recovered.
- I think it could be less, but wanting avoid to be bald, every time I felt a little better I tried to take propecia back in smaller doses. Big mistake. DO NOT DO IT. I did this stupid thing at least three times. Every time I tried in less that two days I as totally screwed again.
- None of the doctors I visited could give me a solution. They didn’t know anything about it. But there was one doctor that gave me a very good advice: a chemical problem can turn into a psychological problem and viceversa. So, once the poison is gone and you are 100% fine from the chemichal point of view, if you lost your confidence on having an erection and you think that your side effects will be permanent then you are screwed. That’s why reading bad things on internet about it is a terrible idea.
- I tried almost everyhing to recover, but just to thing actually helped me to improve during the recovery: 1) Red Korean Ginseng (one per day) 2) L-arginine (2 gr per day). The first one boost your libido. The second one is basically a slow motion viagra since it send a lot of oxygen into your blood but in a natural way.
- Using these two things help me to resurrect my penis. After some time I was able to feel my penis recovery, having some morning erections again. I could even feel the oxygen passing through my ‘dead’ penis.
- Things like using a condon or having a girl on the top was very hard to do since you don’t get good erections. Nowadays I can do it perfectly.
- During the recovery process there were ups and downs. So, basically there were good and bad cycles. During the good cycles I could have good erections, during the bad cycles I was screwed againg.
- My final advice is 1) don’t lose your hope, the end of the poison will come 2) get out of the internet and try no think about that. I know it is very hard to do, but the more you think about it less confidence you’ll have. You need to relax and let the recover comes. 3) I’m sure you still don’t wanna be bald, well I have good news: there are new topical solutions that combine minoxidil + trichogen or minoxidil + saw palmetto. Minoxidil + trichogen has worked very good for me, before propecia I was turnig bald very fast. After 4 years withouth propecia I am not bald!
Hope it helps.