recovering: fin/antiandrogenetic induced hypo-like symptoms

I was planning on waiting till I was fully recovered to post on here, but it may help others by discussing where I am right now on my journey towards recovery.

Here is the short version:

My problem was low free testosterone and relatively high SHBG and prolactin, perhaps more. This is still being investigated by both Dr. Shippen and now Dr. Crisler. The shutting down of my HTPA coincided with a plethora of other health conditions of minor degree such as crohn’s, psoriasis, peyronie’s, and gynecomastia. All of these have been confirmed by qualified physicians in their respective specialties of gastroenterology, dermatology, urology, and endocrinology.

Dr. Shippen prescribed me miniature troches of very-low dose danazol and very low-dose transdermal selegeline. I will not post doses as I think that only a highly experienced and qualified doctor should determine this for each individual and be responsible for monitoring the situation through regular labs. However, I will say that Dr. Shippen mentioned that his patients with high SHBG had the most success with very low doses of danazol as opposed to the typically higher doses which are prescribed for women.

The results were fabulous: nocturnal and morning erections, stronger erections, increased libido, increased seamen volume, increased strength, and improved mood. This all happened at about the 3 week mark.

I messed things up by playing with the dosages to see if I could improve the effect and rid myself of my gynecomastia. (Danazol is known to help reduce gynecomasita, albeit in much higher doses).

So here I am now, trying to get new baseline labs on July 2 so that both Shippen and Crisler can determine how to proceed next. Once all necessary meds are introduced and my HTPA is in check, they will attempt to deal with my slight case of gynecomastia.

My previous doctors and endocrinologists (one of which is considered top in Canada) did not think that anything was wrong with my endocrinology after reviewing my labs. So Seeing Dr. Shippen was a life saver of a decision and great investment.

I am forever indebted to the forum member Hypo-Is-Here for all his generous time, support, and energy that he donated to get me where I am today and on my way to full recovery.

Who are you and where did you come from?
This sounds like a plug for Hypo-is-Here. No offense Hypo.

Anyway, who are you, and what were your symptoms specifically. How did you even talk to Hypo if you just registered here?

Thank you.

ps. we would all like to know what your story is, and what symptoms you had specifically, and for how long each of them persisted for, if you could please share us your story.

My Best Regards!

Boston, I think Hypo mentioned(cant’ remember in which post though) previously that a guy he knew visiting Dr Shippen would come over and share his experience…

I met Hypo on the gynecomastia discussion website awhile back. I also posted on the old propecia side effects forum. I’ve also been in contact with finsides, a forum member.

I am just posting my experience. You can take what you want from it.

Most of my symptoms were those that were alleviated from the treatment that i was on. Some of my symptoms started after starting fin, nizoral, topical spironolactone & phenytoin and the rest after I used the second topical antiandrogen. I’ll post a longer and more detailed version soon.

None taken.

What I would say though is that I mentioned almost_recovered when I first came to the site many months ago- my initial postings related to his situation and the hope that it offered.

I have never taken finasteride remember, I came to the site to try and help people, because I had helped many men with hypogonadism and related issues on the hypogonadal and gynecomastia forums. Upon helping almost_recovered I wanted to try and do the same for people here who I knew were facing equally difficult situations.

I was at gynecomastia forum for over two years. If you go and post on that site and ask the moderators whether I helped people or just messed people around they can give you the low down on me.

Also almost_recovered is from Canada whereas I am from the UK.

I can show you that by privately giving you my UK number so you can speak to me, I am sure almost_recovered could also speak to you from his home in Canada.

I have put my heart and soul into trying to help other people for no personal gain at all, often when my own life has been very difficult.

I understand the whole conspiricy theory and double identity thing can can and does go on in this bizarre internet world of ours, but sometimes what you read is simply the truth nd there are people striving for high ideals.

In terms of me, sometimes I have been able to meet high standards and have been successful in helping a lot of people, other times I have failed to achieve the same results despite all my efforts or ocassionally because my own problems have stopped me from helping others as I had wished…something that is regretable to say the least…

Anyway this is waffle, the point is I am genuine and I do honestly try my best to help people where I can.

almost_recovered, any further updates on your situation since your latest labs from July? How are Shippen and Crisler tackling things since?

Also I don’t recall if you posted any background on your use of Finasteride… how long were you on it, how long since you were off?

Many thanks.

i doubt any of his treatments were working. if it were he wouldn’t scew with the dosages only to fuck it up. if things were that great he wouldn’t mess with anything to jeapordize it…regardless of trying to kill the gyne.

jack

U seem to doubt everything lately! u r trashing the theories left and right, now u started on the recoveries too? u have a very negative attitude lately. Also, why is it so hard for u to belive that a drug that is designed to interfer with testosterone pathways can leave u with unwanted effects of hypogonadism? To me and prolly most ppl this seems alot more reasonable / likely then u having the same sideeffects from shampooing yr hair with to much tea tree oil…

Hey Almost_recovered,

How are things going now? Are you still taking meds? You said you recovered with the use of medications. I am just wondering if you were able to stop taking all the meds and were able to carry on as per normal.

Thanks

P_stashio