Read This for Resolution to PFS Sleep Issues

This is for anyone who still has PFS sleep issues: 2mg of sublingual melatonin along with 500 mg of Tryptophan taken thirty minutes before you want to sleep.

I no longer have sleep issues but when PFS first came on this worked for me every single time.

This doesn’t work for it if you have an extreme crash like some of us do, there are varying degrees of PFS. I tried 50 mg of melatonin and it did nothing.

I am not going to go into detail but if a person has a bad enough of a crash there is almost nothing that will work.

Sounds really promising. How specifically does the tryptophan help? I already take melatonin but never sleep more than 6 hours and really struggle to get to sleep.

Thanks for this.

Tryptophan and Melatonin do not help me sleep or relax the majority of the time and actually make me feel like a zombie the next day.

Cortef before bed help me fall asleep and wake up refreshed.

Tryptophan is the amino acid that helps in creating melatonin and other substrates that assist with sleeping. If you’re going just by textbooks it wouldn’t make much sense to take both, yet one without the other was never effective where as both definitely was.

Try 2 mg of melatonin with 500 mg of tryptophan 30 minutes before bed.

This won’t work if insomnia is one of your worse sides. Tried this ages ago, sleep still sucks. Might work if insomnia is a minor thing for you.

this may linked to adrenals and thyroid
i can sleep 12 hours a day and likely to continue sleeping if i miss some t4 doses, very resfreshing sleep but never ends, t4 kick starts everything including erections libido brain how can i tell you it gives me a life in seconds.

1 Like

I’ve been taking the Now Foods version of L-T for 2-3 weeks. I take 1000mg first thing on an empty stomach and 1000mg 2 hours before bedtime on an empty stomach. Just taking the one dose before bedtime didn’t make much difference but when I added the morning dose I noticed quite an improvement. L-T lasts 12 hours in the bloodstream, so 2 doses per day may be better. The recommended dose is between 1000mg-3000mg a day. I tried taking 1500mg before bedtime but this left me with brain fog the next day. Clarity of thought and oral communication has improved, mood is better, anxiety has now cleared up and I can sleep everynight for about 6-7 hours. Prior to this I had insomnia spells that kept me awake for 4-5 days. L-T has broken the cycle of insomnia but I’m only several weeks in so it’s early days.

drugs.com/mtm/l-tryptophan.html

Apparently, blue light from computer screens can affect melatonin production. nytimes.com/2011/07/05/healt … wanted=all

You can now buy computer glasses to block out this blue light. The biggest manufacturer is Gunnar. I read a lot of reviews on these glasses and they do seem to work depsite some negative comments from Opticians. gunnars.com/

Also, f.lux software can also help with eye strain and provide the correct light cycles for our eyes, this software is free.

“We know that night-time exposure to blue light keeps people up late. We believe that f.lux adjusts colors in a way that greatly reduces the stimulating effects of blue light at night.”

Since using f.lux I’ve noticed a reduction in eye strain and computer related fatigue. justgetflux.com/

While on the subject of eye strain I have also started using Eye Revive by Optrex just once a day which does help when my eyes get tired. This helps bring back moisture to dry eyes and does make a difference.
amazon.co.uk/Optrex-Eye-Revi … B00D6EP2TG

I’m going to try the two doses of L-Tryptophan. And I downloaded the software. I guess it can’t hurt.

Well, I did try the two doses yesterday and it had exactly the same effect as last time I tried L-Tryptophan: when I’m about to fall asleep, brain goes into a strange dreamlike state where it seems to go through a series of images in an insanely fast and intense way, and after one or two hours, I wake up feeling my brain has been drained of all of its vital substance and feel like a complete zombie the next day. So I guess I can say it wasn’t really a big success for me.

Sleep and Education programme from Harvard University

healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/portal/

“It takes 2 weeks to starve but
10 days without sleep can kill you.”

• The Better Sleep Council -

Where are you getting the idea of ‘two doses’ of l-tryptophan from? Did someone suggest that?

The idea came from andyuk:

The idea came from andyuk:

I don’t know why it got posted twice.

Just a quick update I now take 2000mg of L-Trytophan an hour before bedtime rather than split it up with an AM and PM dose, this works much better for me.

Quick update on my sleep protocol

2 hours before bed

B6 100mg lower high night time cortisol

1 hour before bed

0.5ml melatonin (liquid form by solgar)
0.25mg quetapel.

Both of these will leave you feeling groggy the next day. The key is to eat before bed then you shouldn’t feel groggy when you wake up. I have a small bowl of gluten free ice cream and some peanut butter for fats to help slow down absorption.
I cycle this with cottage cheese mixed with protein powder (undenatured). The cottage cheese gives a good deep sleep, it can take up to 8 hours to digest so take the supplements first otherwise digestion of supplements could be hindered.

1 tab of magensium

I also take some serotonin. I have an alpha stim so use this for 30-60mins 1-2 hours before sleep, I don’t use the AS at any other point in the day. I cycle this with L-Trytophan, expensive brands only work for me such as Viridian. I tried the AS by itself before bed and it kept me awake but by combining it with the above it works well.

Baclofen 10mg gave me excellent results on its own but this also caused me to crash so I now avoid. However many guys here use it with great results. It does need cycling as the effects do wear off quite quickly. You can read more about Baclofen on this forum.

Hope this helps.