Rare disease day-

Since yesterday was rare disease day I spent more time than usual thinking about our situation. Without being overly sentimental, I think it’s worth acknowledging something positive once in a while in what is otherwise an horrific situation. Over the many months I’ve suffered from this disease I’ve met some truly amazing men in this community who I have tremendous respect for. Many of whom helped pull me back from the brink of self destruction many times.

@Sugarhouse @Recovery18 @Cormega1 @Toughluck24 @Northern_Star @PFSwarrior @infinite espresso @Balph @Exsexgod LazarusRy silenceispink @Crembo loops and many others. Even if by some miracle I made a full recovery tomorrow and had my health completely restored, I’d still be in the trenches fighting the good fight with you against this disgusting affliction.

14 Likes

Thanks for the kind words man. I’m very fortunate to have met you too! You’ve done a tremendous job of galvanizing the community.

6 Likes

It was a pleasure meeting you, man! Hang in there. Things are moving in the right direction and your support is highly valuable!

5 Likes

Thanks for the mention Erik. Despite everything you are making a difference in the world which is a mark of your character and strength. Keep going mate…

4 Likes

Well said, Erik. The feeling’s mutual. True bonds are created when people face hardship together. Some of my closest friends are people I served in the military with because we were in the shit together. It’s a commonality that very few can understand. That sentiment is identical here. This a battle unlike any other and one I know will result in a lifetime of friendships with the people we go through this with.

I’ve thought the same thing - If I spontaneously recovered today, I’d continue fighting just as hard as I am now with you guys until we beat this. There are too many good men on here (and even women) and no one will be left behind in this battle - one team, on fight.

Looking forward to having a drink with you guys one day in the not so distant future when this is all said and done.

5 Likes

Thank you so much Erik for being one of the leaders in this fight - you motivated me to become active and showed me hope :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks so much for helping lead and mobilize our community man. You really changed my mindset and outlook on this disease and I can’t thank you enough. We will beat this!

5 Likes

In such trying times, it brings me peace knowing I am in the presence of true warriors. I have so much respect for you all. No brother or sister will be left behind.

5 Likes