Raise dopamine

Hi,

i’ve read a lot of post in which mew suggests to try products as mucuna pruriens (l-dopa) in order to increase dopamine…but i’ve not read the feedbacks of the users who have tried this products…
has anyone tried l-dopa with good results?
excluding l-tyrosine and l-fenilalanine what are the other methods that you have used in order to raise dopamine levels?

(i exclude l-tyrosine because i’ve tried it and i was experiencing pain at the thyroid… so i’ve immediately stopped)

I myself tried l-tyrosine with not much results

i also think this is a major part of the problem and am looking into it
i see it l-tyrosine supplementation (if it actually works) as a stop gap and not a long term solution

what things are there that can increase uptake of dopamine permanently?

nevertheless i have ordered some tyrosine considering it was very cheap and will report my progress with it over the next 3-4 weeks

been taking L-Tyrosine for 1 1/2 days and have developed some breast tenderness/soreness that was not here yesterday

going to stop it for now

Dopamine is very important to focus on and could be one of the causes of our sexual dysfunction and mental problems.

Raising dopamine can be acheived by using any of these drugs:
Amantadine,
Cabergoline,
Ropinirole,
Pramipexole,
Bupropion,
Modafinil.

They all have been used to treat sexual dysfunction, as well.

Check 'em out–research first.

I can’t stop smoking since crashing, obviously not the wisest thing to do, but is this a sign of a dopamine craving/defeciency? On fin I smoked maybe one a day, a lot more when taking ecstasy though. :blush:

Why would you be taking ecstasy? Especially after what Fin has done to you?

Some people I just don’t understand… how can you even be sure your problems stem from Finasteride specifically now, since you are introducing other drugs into the mix?

It’s your body and your life, do as you wish.

Can’t say MDMA has a lauded safety profile, but of note is it’s classification as an amphetamine, highlighting a recurring pattern where some fin victims utilize them to be functional and alert to combat brain fog. Likely in the same class is nicotine which stimulates the adrenal catecholamines. Doesn’t sound like an innocent coincidence to me.

Like my broken record says, I think many of us are of insufficient HPG/HPA axis function, thus the zombification. It’s just a generalized theory, but I will have more to say once my sluggish health care plan goes into effect and I work with my doctors, hence me posting less. In short - IMO something shut down our balls and our adrenals.

And like Mew said, stuff like ecstacy can do more harm than good. Get a healthier lifestyle cooking - veggies, chicken, good sleep, as much exercise as possible. Smoking and narcotics will stress your system out more, and you decrease your recovery chances.

No no no for fecks sakes I mean when I took ecstasy while on fin. If I popped one now I’d probably die. Sadly I took one a week after quitting and smoked away until 6am monged, which no doubt made everything worse in stressing out adrenals and screwing neurotransmitters and god knows what else, something very strange was happening in retrospect. I bruised my leg that night -early Jan- and it’s still there.

If I’d had some knowledge I wouldn’t have done this obviously, I registered as Mr Pharmacist the day I quit and couldn’t get logged on. It’s easy to see I was dumb but I was a ‘newbie’ and still unaware of everything. Beard growth was already slower.

Trazodone has been shown to increase domamine levels.
mens-hormonal-health.com/libido-drugs.html

I’ve had moderately decent luck with it.

I was wondering if you are still on Tianeptine and if it is still helping you. Do you feel worse than before if you stop taking it for a while or perhaps forget to take it once?

I think you’re on to something, but is there anyone involved with this forum performing surveys and conducting research across a population to explore the source of the problem?

I’ve sort of put off trying to figure out how to solve this problem because I cannot exercise sufficiently (screwed up foot) and even if I was feeling hopeful over two months ago, my hope was dashed away by a misdiagnosis and poorly-aimed surgery on my nose which has made my breathing problems worse.

I propose to the forum admin here to conduct post some more surveys in a very visible area regarding the regimen of people who have had these post-FIN side effects long-term. I’m specifically interested in whether there are any out there who’ve had depression, loss of desire, insomnia, and sexual dysfunction and tried a strict course of DAILY aerobic exercise for 3 months along with 3-4 balanced MEALS daily and around 7 hours of sleep per night (hopefully, some have overcome the worst stages of insomnia). I’m assuming that all three of these things are difficult for most of us here because: a) I know the American working lifestyle (too long hours, commute, etc), b) food is not appetizing where I am unless I make it myself or go to the Indian buffet in the city c) I know how unmotivated a person can feel and how sluggish one can be if not involved in group aerobics or team sports (and depressed on top of it all). In other words, insomnia aside, I know that these things can be difficult to maintain for a mere 3 months–for almost any working person.

Based on the following link, I’m not sure raising dopamine levels will help:
utexas.edu/research/asrec/dopamine.html

The article states that when you increase dopamine levels, the body responds by shutting down or de-sensitizing dopamine receptors to maintain a constant degree of cell activity.

I believe this what happened when I was on Trazadone last year. I increased my dopamine levels for about 3 months, had a much improved sex drive, then my body responded by shutting down some dopamine receptors. In the end I probably ended up worse than I started, since I quit Trazadone my dopamine levels dropped, and by then I had fewer dopamine receptors. There doesn’t appear to be a solution to this.

I have spent hundreds of hours researching over the past few months. I’m not sure why enough people are not looking at this. First, if you don’t know about what dopamine is click on the link at the bottom and read it. It verbalizes exactly what I’m missing.

Also, look at what “Badluck” posted. Below is a part of the article that he posted. Some drugs are known as dopamine antagonists, keeping dopamine from attaching to the receptors.

Some drugs are known as dopamine agonists. These drugs bind to dopamine receptors in place of dopamine and directly stimulate those receptors. Some dopamine agonists are currently used to treat Parkinson’s disease. These drugs can stimulate dopamine receptors even in someone without dopamine neurons.

In contrast to dopamine agonists, dopamine antagonists are drugs that bind but don’t stimulate dopamine receptors.

Antagonists can prevent or reverse the actions of dopamine by keeping dopamine from attaching to receptors.

I believe most of levels of prolactin were raised through a spike in Estrogen and as a result the drug caused dopamine to not bind to the receptors.

Well, it should be easier to get my endo dr to prescribe dopamine, than HGH. If Dopamine does not work, I am still convinced the problem with most of us in the pitutary gland; more specifically high prolactin levels. This problem is absolutely neurological in nature.

courses.washington.edu/conj/bess … inemia.htm

utexas.edu/research/asrec/dopamine.html

kci.org/meth_info/lori/Dopam … nd_You.htm

Where can I get any of the above? PM if necessary. Thanks!

Anyone tried these dopamin agonists for libido? Also is it dangerous or risky to use for us?

Dr. Jacobs gave me Prami and slowly tapered up the doses right when I first became a PFS sufferer. It did help me get back my orgasm…I had no orgasm at all after getting off Finasteride for several months. While I’ve never been able to get back to pre-pfs orgasm sensation, I think prami definitely helped. Bupropion also helps somewhat in this department which I started taking long term after that. Prami can make you very tired so I would first try Bupropion (wellbutrin).

1 Like

Would you be able to kindly explain the benefits you saw from taking Bupropion?

Mainly took it for depression, but it also in the beginning sometimes helped some sexual side effects. I took it for a total of 2 years and have been off for over a year…

1 Like