Quitting drinking and sleep with PFS

Anyone else a heavy drinker who has quit or attempted to quit drinking with PFS? I am 8 years into PFS and things have gotten markedly better for me, but sleep remains an issue… I can fall asleep but can’t stay asleep, toss and turn a lot, get that “unrestful” sleep that we all know well… and alcohol eases that for me. I’m at a point now though where I would like to get healthy and cut it out of my life, I just dread those horrible nights of sleep (I’ve quit a few times over the years for a couple of weeks or months at a time and the sleep issue always leads me back)…

Any tips/advice? I’ve used ZZZquil in the past which helps a tiny bit. (Also, please do not recommend melatonin. It does nothing for me.)

Thanks!

My sleep has been quite good recently. I’ve been going to a gym for about 6 weeks. I don’t do anything crazy and most of what I do is cardio (treadmill, bike, rowing - 45 minutes total) I do some weights but it’s definitely mainly cardio.

I have no idea if it’s connected and you may already be very fit but if not, I think it’s worth a try for a couple of months if you tolerate exercise - I know some here do not.

Yes, I can tolerate exercise and that is a good idea… I’ve heard some people say if they totally exhaust themselves it helps with sleep… thanks!

1 Like

If anyone can solve this, id love to hear as well. I have the wake-dream stake all night long tossing and turning. Can fall asleep in 3 min tho.

1 Like

curious for an update on your situation; did quitting drinking resolve your PFS symptoms? Also a heavy drinker here, I quit for three months earlier in the year and didn’t notice any difference in PFS symptoms but maybe that is not enough time…