Quiet possibly our Adrenal is at fault

I was thinking about a couple of things that seem to confirm that there is a problem with adrenals.

After my crash, I couldn’t get the high you normally get from coffee, which apparently is the result of the adrenaline your body produces when you take caffeine. Maybe I was feeling a little more awake, but mostly, it made me tensed and made it even harder to sleep at night.

Same thing with alcohol. After crashing, alcohol only made me sluggish, I felt no high at all, no matter the amount ingested. I know this is usually explained by the lack of some neurosteroid, but alcohol should also make your adrenals produce adrenaline.

Last thing, people have been mentioning sometimes crashing while they were experimenting some stress. In my case, I was indeed in a stressful situation, but I should have been able to cope with it. It was as if that part of me managing stress couldn’t handle situations that were bad, but not to the point of having this repercussion on me.

People should DO testing rather than just speculating.

Here is what I have found.

I have tested siliva cortisol MANY times. Always very low a man dying.

I have tested blood cortisol at least 3 times including once when my T was very low after quitting TRT. Blood cortisol is always good it is in the top half of the range in the AM.

I have checked my CBG once alone. It showed CBG was in range but say at the top 30 percent of the range.

I am now waiting for a the full results of a blood FREE cortisl test + siliva free cortisol test + urine cortisol test.

I believe that our body is emitting something like 5α-Androstane-3β,17β-diol which is causing problems with TBG, CBG and or SHBG. 3bdiol is a potent estrogen and it is well know estrogens affect TBG, CBG and SHBG.

If it was simply estradiol we should be able to take a aromotaze inhibitor and our free cort should go way up. I have taken many AIS and it did not feel like I had a sudden change in my free CORT. If it was simply estradiol we should do well with AIS. From what I see most of us do not have long term success with AIs.

Rt3 is also supposedly a indirect indicator of free cortisol my rt3 is towards the top of of the range and I beleive many guys here have high rt3.

For me taking small amounts of cortisol helped a little but taking large doses increased my body temp but made me feel worse. Cortisol is known to interfere with testosterone metabolisim.

So in my case I beleive my body is keep free cort low for a reason. And I believe that reason is because some estrogenic hormone is too high which is causing a catabolic environment hence free cort is downregulated as free cort is a very catabolic hormone. If we loose the effects of anabolic hormones and the catabolic hormones are not downregulated our muscles, bones would waste away to nothing very quickly.

That is my situation anyways. You should do your own tests to see where you are at.

Here are my cortisol results. They are high-normal… from my symptoms I expected quite the opposite.

I would say they look pretty good. Maybe a little high in the morning. What is your body TEMP?

Here are mine. I have retested and the results were the same. My blood cortisol is always good.

What about your thyroid hormone levels? Sex hormones can interfere with both TBG and CBG.

so VincentV what is your theory about Raberduck’s cortisol level. they look midrange normal.
Raberduck how are your symptoms? do you feel very tired and fatigued to the level that you can not hold a job?
any muscle loss, joint pain, bone pain?
loss of muscles?
testicular shrinkage?

I am trying to think of your Cort level in terms of your symptoms.

so VincentV what is your theory about Raberduck’s cortisol level. they look midrange normal.
Raberduck how are your symptoms? do you feel very tired and fatigued to the level that you can not hold a job?
any muscle loss, joint pain, bone pain?
loss of muscles?
testicular shrinkage?

I am trying to think of your Cort level in terms of your symptoms.

I have no theory about his cortisol.

We all need to look at our hormones and symptoms to come to conclusions. I also have high 17hydroxyprogesterone which some do not have here. I have high rt3 as a result of free cort. My eospiniphils also went up which indicate low free cort.

My symptoms feel like someone would experience with addisons disease except without the loss of mineralocorticoids.

A lot of people here tend to have messed up SHBG thyroid hormones or cortisol.

Raberduck
what is your total cortisol? blood or salivary cortisol?

The last time i tested (total?) cortisol was last year in blood, it was in the middle region. The cortisol test I did last week was only saliva.

My symptoms: muscle weakness, getting exhausted fast, sleeping bad after “stressful” situations like e.g. heavy weight lifting or a day at work, digestion problems after “stressful” situations. Weight loss (10 kg), unable to put on weight, neither muscles nor fat. Low blood sugar.

What about libido and sexual issues?

Can you post your blood cortisol levels too?

Have you tested your ft3 and ft4 also SHBG?

I’m maybe not as horny as I was before fin but that’s not that much of an issue for me, erections are fine. Also my orgasms aren’t as good as before but they are okayish again (after fasting).

Blood cortisol levels were tested in summer 2013. I don’t have them anymore, because everything was normal …

ft3 and ft4 have been tested and doctor told me they are okay (spring 2013) I didn’t see the exact numbers, don’t have them anymore.

I didn’t test SHBG yet.

Each person is unique. Two healthy young men will have different hormonal levels. To make any conclusion you should compare your levels with your own base line (pre-pfs level) levels. It is impossible to make any conclusion by comparing levels of Mr.X to that of Mr.Y.

Each person is unique. Two healthy young men will have different hormonal levels. To make any conclusion you should compare your levels with your own base line (pre-pfs level) levels. It is impossible to make any conclusion by comparing levels of Mr.X to that of Mr.Y.

and quite possibly low Aldosterone is the reason for excessive peeing.

stopthethyroidmadness.com/aldosterone/

Aldosterone can be just as important as Cortisol
Low cortisol due to worn out adrenals is common among a large body of hypothyroid patients, and it can be necessary to supplement with cortisol, or bring it up with the T3CM. But along with cortisol, there’s another adrenal hormone that you may need to investigate with your doctor: aldosterone.

Much more about this in the revised STTM book here.

HOW DO I TEST FOR ALDOSTERONE? Testing for aldosterone will be either a 24 hour urine test or a blood test–the latter which is more highly recommended to pursue with your doctor. It may also be important to avoid all salt for 24 hours before the test, and to be moving around for two hours before you test. 8 am is a good time to do the test since aldosterone levels would be at their highest in the early morning. It’s worthy to note that aldosterone levels can be doubled if you are pregnant, and are normally a little higher in children than in adults. For a complete picture, ask your doctor to include your renin for a complete picture, as well as sodium and potassium. See a testing facility without a prescription below.

You can also try a self-test–the pupil test, listed in Discovery Step Two on the Adrenal page. The blood pressure test from a supine position to standing can also point to your adrenals.

When lab testing, you are looking for 2 to 16 ng/dL if done laying down, and 5 to 41 ng/dL for upright. A good resource about results is here. There can be some variations for different lab facilities. More in Chapter 5.

HOW DO I TEST FOR ALDOSTERONE? Testing for aldosterone will be either a 24 hour urine test or a blood test–the latter which is more highly recommended to pursue with your doctor. It may also be important to avoid all salt for 24 hours before the test, and to be moving around for two hours before you test. 8 am is a good time to do the test since aldosterone levels would be at their highest in the early morning. It’s worthy to note that aldosterone levels can be doubled if you are pregnant, and are normally a little higher in children than in adults. For a complete picture, ask your doctor to include your renin for a complete picture, as well as sodium and potassium. See a testing facility without a prescription below.

You can also try a self-test–the pupil test, listed in Discovery Step Two on the Adrenal page. The blood pressure test from a supine position to standing can also point to your adrenals.

When lab testing, you are looking for 2 to 16 ng/dL if done laying down, and 5 to 41 ng/dL for upright. A good resource about results is here. There can be some variations for different lab facilities. More in Chapter 5.

Have u followed this thread?http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8760&p=78830&hilit=kidney#p78830

I read when Aldosterone goes low blood volume goes low, when blood volume is low then kidney damage can occur over time. what is your Aldosterone level?
many have low Aldosterone here and some have normal I think people when go to blood tests don’s stop their supplements so the result is not correct.I will go for Aldosterone level test.

Guys what do you think about glandular extract (extract from animal glands) therapy. Glandular therapy was first taken seriously by physicians in the 19th century, when it was discovered that dried porcine thyroid gland could treat underactive thyroid and dried animal-based adrenal glands could treat Addison’s disease. Before this, neither condition was controllable… Mayo Clinic rheumatologist Philip S. Hench, MD, who after decades of research was awarded a Nobel Prize for his work with adrenal and pituitary hormones (again, extracted from animals).
Please read this article written by David Edelberg, MD

wholehealthchicago.com/5347/glan … -the-news/

I don’t see many people have tried glandular extract on this forum. Only one good example is user Mitch.He used Isocort and Armour and he recovered. He is the legitimate case here as Mew knew him for long time.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1302&hilit=isocort

But the question is why some people who used iscort did not recover. One reason which I think of is isocort has changed,
stopthethyroidmadness.com/isocort/
IsoCort has changed! As of early 2011, Bezwecken changed the product from a bovine adrenal cortex to a fermented plant-derived cortisol
I have already some comments on Curezone and other websites that isocort does not work the way it used to.

Maybe this is the reason the user Mitch used isocort when it used to be made of sheep/cow Adrneal. He claimed to have recovered 100% after using isocort. Interestingly he used Armour for his thyriod recovery which is again derived from Animal source.Also his thyriod did not recover until he started using isocort.
his link here
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1302&hilit=isocort

What is the best way to test adrenal gland function?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to find out if are adrenal glands are working properly or not right ?

Is it just as easy as checking coristol levels?

If someone with pfs had normal coristol levels than what is the logic behind why the adrenal glands would still be suspected?