Question with the usage of Proviron and Andractim

Just a few questions here - I’ll try and do it step by step from my limited understanding.

So finasteride is prescribed by doctors under the protocol that DHT doesn’t have much use after a male has gone through puberty and has a reputation as a ‘bad hormone’ (that’s how my dermatologist explained it to me and I’m sure other derms and doctors have been saying the same thing to countless others).

What i was told in a nutshell is …as long as you have good regular testosterone levels it shouldn’t affect you if your testosterone isn’t getting converted to DHT.
The main things I found when I researched DHT myself over the years was that it is vital for a male to have in order to go through puberty and after that it has a role in the lowering of the voice , body hair , hair loss . Not things that I particularly wanted at the time (apart from the deep voice perhaps!)
I was told regular testosterone played a role in building the actual muscle mass, was important for sexual function, maintaining a good weight /body shape and also for balanced mood .
This made me think I was ok taking finasteride over the 4 years as I had a sex drive , had good body shape, weight , stamina in sports etc

Then fast forward to coming on Propecia help over the last year and learning that just because Finasteride isn’t converting Testosterone to DHT doesn’t mean it’s not messing around with the conversion of other hormones behind the scene as well - this was never explained to me by the doctors, isn’t common knowledge amongst hair loss centers and isn’t even on the pill bottle itself . I’m talking about stopping the conversion of Progesterone to Allopregnanolone mainly here .

So then if the general consensus is the Allopregnanolone depletion is a big part of PFS , why are taking steroids like Andractim and Proviron a common thing here as they wouldnt have any affect on the conversion of progesterone?
Are these drugs like Proviron just taken by the PFS people with low testosterone on blood tests?
Does upping DHT really have that much of an affect on PFS ?

1 Like

Any thoughts out there …

I don´t think Allopregnanolone depletion is a big part of PFS
I´m using Proviron with a high testosterone without TRT.

Does upping DHT really have that much of an affect on PFS ? We don’t know, we are trying this protocol. it May be help, may be not.

1 Like

Do you have PFS?

1 Like

Yes I have it - tinnitus, insomnia , anxiety , soft erection , occasional libido disturbances, minor dry skin.
Was lucky to not get the cognitive issues or changing of skin collagen etc

I see , so everything is really an experiment going forward with this stuff then