Quercetin with DIM giving me pain

I have been taking 500mg Quercetin with 200mg DIM for about 24 days now. Also have been taking a multivitamin with 2 times a day with 15% daily zinc intake. The last week I have noticed pain in my prostate and testicles. Tonight my urine was a dark orange kind of a copper color. Has anyone had experience with this before? I don’t know if I should continue or stop, but I’m getting freaked out. I was taking the vitamin before I started the the Quercetin and DIM and hadn’t had this problem. Any input is highly appreciated.

Quercitin and DIM are anti ESTROGENS, not anti androgens. Where did you get that idea from?

naturalone - though u haven’t taken propecia - why don’t you fill in a member template found in the member stories section so we can learn from some of the treatments you’ve tried and your personal history?

Which is exactly what I do, listen to my body. That’s how I know it works for me as an anti estrogen. My experience is exactly the opposite of yours as in when my estrogen is too high, I take DIM and Quecetin and if my penis is shrunk, it unshrinks. It takes away all of my symptoms of high E.

I’ve done plenty of reading on the subject and I could show you studies that prove the exact opposite of the ones you just posted. So how do I know which is right? I listen to my body. No sense in going back and forth when there are always studies with conflicting information.

Seeing as the active ingredient is from vegetables, and it works, I think I’ll take my chances with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitex_agnus-castus

You should really READ a little bit more before posting false information on this board. The active ingredient in vitex has been proven to eliminate libido in men. Thanks, but no thanks. Monks used to take this stuff way back when to stop the urges they felt were inappropriate. This herb is considered an anaphrodisiac. Again, the opposite of what we need.

I guess it depends on what “science” you research. The only science I need is a positive response from my body.

dimfaq.com/site/toc.htm

This site does sell DIM, but scroll down to the references and studies section

primev.com/dim.aspx

I could go on, but there is no point.

I don’t need to do anything.

I don’t know you, who you are, what your deal is, nothing. Did you even take propecia? Oh, I see. Because you say that you know everything about vitex and that you know what you’re talking about, I’m supposed to believe you? Get real bro.

There are studies that can say a million different things. Am I to believe that “your” studies are the best and the ones to be believed. Come on.

Natural, while the info you have provided is of interest, making arrogant claims is not going to win you any friends around here.

Besides Vitex, it would be appreciated if you provided more background on your situation via the Member Story template so we can get some sense for your background and history.

Well i ordered some DIM just to c what it did for me when taking T-gel.
It definetly shrinks my prostate. It makes my orgasm feel almost numb. Very little cum aswell. Also a remarkable reduction in penile sensitivity on this herb.

I would say it feels more anti-dht than anti-E perhaps its both tho. Dont like the results thus far. Its very strong aswell even half a pill gives me this effect within a couple of hours.

What anti-E to take while on testosterone? any suggestions? dont want to go on arimidex…

Cheers!

“We have previously reported that the increase in c-Jun expression induced by quercetin inhibited androgen receptor (AR) transactivation, and Sp1 was involved in quercetin-mediated downregulation of AR activity. Transient transfection assays in this work revealed that co-expression of c-Jun quenched Sp1-induced production of luciferase activity driven by AR promoter or three copies of Sp1 binding elements in the AR promoter. Moreover, c-Jun repressed AR-mediated luciferase activity via androgen-response elements (AREs) of the hK2 gene, while this suppression could be restored partially by cotransfection of Sp1 expression plasmid. The physical associations of c-Jun, Sp1, and AR induced by quercetin were further demonstrated by co-immunoprecipitation experiments. In addition, quercetin-mediated repression of AR expression and activity was partially reversed by blocking of JNK signaling pathway. These results suggested that c-Jun might play an important role in the suppression of AR expression and activity in the presence of quercetin, and association of a c-Jun/Sp1/AR protein complex induced by quercetin represented a novel mechanism that was involved in down-regulation of the AR function in prostate cancer cells.” Suppression of the androgen receptor function by quercetin through protein-protein interactions of Sp1, c-Jun, and the androgen receptor in human prostate cancer cells. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20148354

“The androgen receptor (AR) is involved in the development and progression of prostate cancer. In order to find new compounds that may present novel mechanisms to attenuate the function of AR, we investigated the effect of a natural flavonoid chemical, quercetin, on androgen action in an androgen-responsive LNCaP prostate cancer cell line. Western blot analysis showed that AR protein expression was inhibited by quercetin in a dose-dependent manner. To demonstrate that the repression effects on AR expression can actually reduce its function, we found that quercetin inhibited the secretion of the prostate-specific, androgen-regulated tumor markers, PSA and hK2. The mRNA levels of androgen-regulated genes such as PSA, NKX3.1 as well as ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) were down-regulated by quercetin. Transient transfections further showed that quercetin inhibited AR-mediated PSA expression at the transcription level. Finally, it was demonstrated that quercetin could repress the expression of the AR gene at the transcription level. Our result suggests that quercetin can attenuate the function of AR by repressing its expression and has the potential to become a chemopreventive and/or chemotherapeutic agent for prostate cancer.” Quercetin inhibits the expression and function of the androgen receptor in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11238180

“Resveratrol, quercetin and morin were the only nutrients that significantly inhibited AR mRNA expression. (…) All polyphenols studied showed important antiproliferative effects and induced apoptosis when added to LNCaP cells culture. We confirm that resveratrol, morin and quercetin may achieve such effect through reduced expression of AR .” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24726691