Quercetin and finasteride rat prostate weight and androgen levels

i was reading through ‘cytochromes’ posts lately and found this quercetine stuff interesting.
i found a study about finasteride and quercetin and its effects on prostate weight and androgen levels.
maybe worth checking further.
i just ordered quercetin and dim and will give it a shot soon.
sorry if the study has been posted already.
did not have the time to check this
quercetin finasteride.pdf (430 KB)

finsucks, DIM, while providing some estradiol control, will also inhbit 5 alpha reductase type 2 - I would avoid ths supplement if I were you.

Interesting read on the quercetin.

kazman

did not know about dim inhibitng 5aRI.
where do you have this from?
can you post a study or something?
what do you think about quercetin?

I also believe in the quercetin thing for its ability in healing the prostate,I believe that the prostate is the main culprit in the ed issues.

See Mew’s post in this thread:

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … hlight=dim

Am still organizing a pile of abstracts and articles on 5AR2 inhibitors, when I come across the DIM reference again I’ll post it.

• kazman

Me too. But Mew refuses to admit it.

Boston, the prostate absolutely plays a role in the syndrome, particularly with regards to erectile dysfunction, but its only one of many systems/organs the drug affects… the prostate has nothing to do with neurosteroids/GABA-A receptors in the brain and mental side effects, for example.

Anyone who’s done any reading around here should realize this, especially you since you’ve been on this site for a few years now… so not sure what you’re trying to get at with your snide comment.

I believe the prostate send signals to the brain after an orgasm, and this signal releases endorphins and neurotransmitters like serotonin. So since we don’t have a real orgasm in many years, but we keep masturbating/ejaculating, the prostate could have a role in us being depleted in neurotransmitters and consequentely having mental side effects.

The point I’m trying to make here is the prostate isn’t the ONLY thing Finasteride affects. Make of that what you will.

Whens the last time you partied it up for a few days straight, and drank a lot?
When I do that, and my body is very relaxed, my dick and erections are pretty much normal again. Then the next day as things tighten up, I feel the prostate tightening up again, ED and shrinkage comes back again. It sucks! It really does. It really really really does fucking suck Mew. That shit killed our prostates. The CENTER of all sexual function, according to what ALL eastern medicine talks about. Its A LOT simpler than what a lot of us talk about on this site I think. I have evidenced it too many times!
That was the point of my comment.

@kazman -
thanks for the link - didn’t know about DIM being an AR-receptor antagonist.
will, leave it out then and stick to the Quercetin.

Not happy about its capability to obviously affect prostate weight but might still give it a try.

I also agree that regarding sexual function the prostate is fundamental and has not recovered in our cases. I guess everybody agrees on that here.
The question is just, how can we help our prostates to recover again. My prostate seems to be ‘normal’, not enlarged or anything - I sometimes have some pain down there but cannot really say if it is from the prostate.
Anyways, from what I have read so far, the potential benefits quercetin can have I think I’ll try it as soon as it arrives, also to bring down the action of estrogen. I try to avoid any direct hormonal supplementation.

Cheers

The prostate does not give you brain fog. It doesn’t give you anxiety. It doesn’t give you studdered speach and unbalanced thoughts. Like Mew said, it is only ONE piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle.