public awareness

Again, we are just discussing what we might plan to do, but there are no concrete steps been detected.
We are talking what could be done, but nothin happens.
That’s why I think that this platform has more a psychological effect on people - they think something is going on. But seriously, beside of some discussions re treatment there isn’t any effort to bring this problem out to the public. We cannot expect others to help us bringing the important information to the public.
It is not sufficient to mail to podcasters or journals cause this information are not touching people directly, they are received like any other information. This syndrome has to get into the life of people in the streets, at universities ands on. Important is that people are talking about publicly.
Maybe I am wrong, this platform again was just build (“solvepfs”) to calm down people by unconsciously saying them all will be fine a day. No one is really fighting for the right thing cause he is “brainwashed” by this. And of course, we don’t have the energy as we had before.
We should print cards with information on it about pfs and give it to all people of all ages. But, maybe that’s a bad idea… this syndrome is not meant to go really public. Just think about that: I showed my parents the foundation’s website. My mom thought they are just psychopaths. Even after showing her the studies. So, you see tat information alone is not sufficient- people need to be touched emotionally like in the commercial breaks. If people from all ages would see what can happen to them, they would think twice about taking it. Attention, M. could see that as an assault on its product… this is they don’t want. That’s why I don’t write any other information about how to do go on. Best

Would you be prepared to tell your story on camera?

If people could see a person, instead of just the facts it would make a difference. If it was someone familiar to them, so much the better.

If we have someone charismatic enough, perhaps we could film them talking about their condition and others’ condition.

We could put it on YouTube. Perhaps we could run it as an advertisement on YouTube.

There are plenty of faces to go with the numerous stories which have featured over the years on news programs, YouTube etc. Earlier on I watched the news report which featured the story of a former poster here who took his own life. His face was seen several times in the report.

I don’t know if another documentary would do much for our cause at this point though of course it couldn’t hurt.

You mean tigershull? The guy who was on a morning? tv show in the UK?
I remember very well his face.
Re ads on ytube - they won’t allow that.

@greek: the idea is good. In Switzerland we had a German guy in a short doc about fin and sides and pfs. I am not sure if that was enough to reach lots of ppl. If you really want to get ppl touched, I think this way is not the most effective way.
What do you suggest exactly? My face /appearences is strong, special among opinions of others. When my hair is a bit longer, I resemble a bit Dr. Santmanns son Randy (RIP): Red curly hair, blue/green eyes. Pale face. Randy appeared to me like a very good and superfriendly guy. And then this tragedy at this age. WTF.
Joke on an imaginary TV show: “What sides beside insomnia, depression…you have got as well?” “I kinda somehow feel the urge to kill the doc who prescribed me fin. Never felt this before. So it must be a withdrawal effect.” Just imagine what reaction docs would show after such an interview. As I said, just imagination.