Pssd Story sara

Where are you from (country)?
italy
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
pssd forum
What is your current age, height, weight?
26\1,65cm\not sure maybe 65 kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
serotonine, citalopram, brintellix
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
50 mg sertraline, not sure about the others…I can find out but with citalopram maximum 5 drops and with brintellix 10

What condition was being treated with the drug?
anxiety

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
2 months

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
25 years old \ 25 may 2018
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
25yo \ 28 july 2018
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
kinda taper but was quick
2drops off every day

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
first pill

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
sexual cognitive
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ x] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ x] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ x] Muscle Weakness
[ x] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
bacopa, crocus, lemon grass, vitamin b and d
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
I have high prolactin 43,8

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hi everyone,
I am planning to write this for a while but due to life circumstances and anxiety related to talking about how this whole thing began I am doing it just now.
I’m a 26 yo female and Im suffering from pssd since a year and a month (not counting the 2 months of treatment with ssri).
My life was already not super happy since I have (or had at this point?) bpd or ptsd (or both) and a lot of obsessive intrusive thoughts so I guess you could say depressive episodes and a lot of anxiety, social anxiety so I decided to take meds, no one told me about the dangers of course.
In a period of 2 month I changed 3 ssris: sertraline 50mg on 25 may of 2018 for 2 days and then stopped cause I got some sort of panic attacks and really trouble sleeping like for example I was shaking and this would wake me up (sorry in English is very difficult to explain) so I changed whit citalopram in drops cause my psychiatrist told me so of course, so I started whit 2 drops and incrised the dosage reaching 5drops on June 18 and I stopped with citalopram on June 28 Since I had zero libido and genital anesthesia he put me on brintellix beginning 6drops on June 29 and incrising 10 drops until 24 July. On July 24 I started decrease the dosage to 7 drops and stopped July 28 2018.
I stopped cause I miss my sex life but also discovered pssd and got super scared cause something in my gut even at the beginning told me to be scare about it. My psychiatrist denied everything (not gonna comment cause I want to stay positive but just wanted to say it was not a good match whit him).
The first week I took brintellix my libido came back but not fully and now it’s more or less the same, I have good and bad days but it’s definitely not like pre ssris. Also my emotions are a numbed, I have just the "negative” ones for the most and I am struggling to feel love or affection.
And from September I got vulvodynia and at first hurted like hell now it’s like it’s over sensitive or something and the same for that I have good and bad days.

I visited many many doctors before I understood that I had officially pssd, one doctor I saw was very important in that process cause all the other docs was telling me this was in my head or I was just depressed.

Many docs gives a lot of importance to my possible trauma but my sex life has been perfect in the previous 25 years, so…

I am currently interested in fmt and the microbiome theory, I hope this can be available for me somehow… I’m also in the process of visiting someone specialized in vulvodynia and maybe an endocrinologist (I already find out my prolactin is high )

since I had random pain in joints I tested protein C but should be fine

I am probably forgetting somenthing, I will try to add if its the case.

Also other symptoms that I should mention are memory loss, this random pain in joints and parts of body and sometimes the last 3 monts circa I had restless leg syndrome symptoms and a couple of brain zaps, also my gut is terrible. My clit also is way smaller and the skin looks dry kinda.
I miss myself a lot, my feelings and my sexuality.

My bf recently left me and since than I am more suicidal than I already was with pssd but I’m trying to focus on my health, thanks to everyone who reached out back in those days.

sorry for being a little messy in this report and for not so nice english

best of luck to everyone

9 Likes

Thankyou for writing that up Sara, please stay with us and we will do all we can to support you.

Thankyou for speaking so frankly about your symptoms and the problems you’ve had with recognition from medical practitioners. It closely mirrors the experience of many people here.

We strongly believe that we’re all in the same position here and that as more people come forward the scale of this problem will reveal itself.

2 Likes

Sorry to read what’s happened to you Sara and welcome. I had no problem understanding it at all so you were taught English well! There are a few Italian guys on here who I believe have a section where Italian is spoken too if you find it more comfortable.

1 Like

Ciao Sara, benvenuta. Sono italiano anche io.
Mi dispiace per quello che ti è successo…

2 Likes

I am sure many know too well what you mean, myself included. Glad to have you here @sara, and thanks for sharing your story.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,
Recently I went to a gastroenterologist,one who can perform fmt on me theoretically. I did not said to him all that I know about this condition but I described my symptoms and he said I should take a ton of exams to see what is exactly going on in my gut before moving on.
Also he suggested that I should go gluten free for 2 months and see what happens, even if he already knows I’m not allergic to gluten.
He wants me to take a probiotic and vit d which I’m not gonna take.
So even tho I’m not sure I will procede with this probably I’m gonna just do the exams and also the diet.
Since I’m scared to do anything I was wondering if u guys have experience with gluten free diet and how it went? I’d like to read your experience with this :slight_smile:
I don’t do super good on diets since my past experience with eating disorders and I’m also pretty scared that if I’ll loose weight my libido and mood would be screwed even more (I read about loosing weight being related to loosing libido but I’m no expert ofc).
I’m in the process of treating my pelvic pain and I’m taking care of my other symptoms and it’s a really exhausting thing and probably pointless so I will most likely won’t continue to try to go for fmt or anything but I’ll see…
Thanks for reading
:heart:

1 Like

Hey Sara, I’ve been on a gluten free diet for 3 months now, doing probiotics and vitamin d (daily) lately. All I can say is that it has restored my gut sensitivities, I feel refreshed, and my sleep is great, and I’ve jumped from 64kg from my crash, to 74kg current.

Also, I’ve taken sauerkraut daily to help on my digestive system and overall health, most of it which has attributed to possible lessened sides? I do not think of PFS lately, just stumbled upon your post. I had a complete shutdown sexually from complete impotence and detachment of sexual stimuli to nearly back to normal, hope you get better soon!

Regards Yusef

2 Likes

Is a gluten free diet very hard to follow? I would think you could eat exactly the same just replace standard items (e.g., bread, pasta) with gluten free versions.

Yes that’s an option