PSSD: Letter to university people. Feel free to copy

Hi all!
Many research groups don’t have exciting research topics and are therefore happy about fields where they can still shine brightly because they haven’t been researched so much.

I have therefore started contacting people at universities near to me and wrote the following letter.
Please feel free to copy it, modify it with your own data and send it to university people.

Thanks!

Dear Professor XXXXXXXXX,

I suffer from PSSD after taking the antidepressant XXXXXXXXXXXXX (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_serotonin_reuptake_inhibitor#Sexual_dysfunction).

Most of those affected accept this tacitly, so the number of unreported cases is high.

It is only recently that the topic has become somewhat more public through reports on television.

The number of researchers working on this topic is therefore still negligible.

Due to the lack of libido, most of those affected have lost an important part of their lives. Basic research is necessary to understand the mechanisms behind this event.

Could I therefore ask you if you know of any research groups that are still looking for an exciting topic?

Of course I would be happy to make myself available for testing purposes, and I know enough people through my PSSD association who would also like to do so.

Thank you very much for your attention and (if time allows) an answer.

With kind regards,

5 Likes

It might also be good to include a list of publications for them to look at.

1 Like