PSSD getting worse after 2 years

Hi, I’m from Spain.

I’ve been following this forum (and the previous one) intermittently for some years now. I found it through reddit. I remember there was a sub-forum that dealt with PSSD. Am I wrong? I cant find it now.
What is your current age, height, weight?

I’m 30 years old and I started taking paroxetine 20mg a day (I’m not 100% sure but I think that was the dose) at age 16. I discontinued it at age 18 and started again at age 19 until 20. At 24 I started taking it again and finally got off it for good at 28. So I’ve been on this drug for about 8 to 9 years. I always tapered it off.

I was prescribed this drug for OCD and Generalised Anxiety.

I’m not sure when I first noticed the side effects because I was a virgin back then. At 17 I lost my virginity and I had problems reaching the orgasm but it was just a couple of nights so it could be anxiety. However, later, at 20, I remember that my girlfriend would suck my penis and I wouldn’t feel much around the frenulum, which is supposed to be a very sensible area. I cannot be sure this has happened because of the paroxetine, since before having someone sucking my penis, I had never thought about that penile anaesthesia. Things got worse with time though. I always thought that I didn’t “feel” enough when having sex, although this was the first time I had a girlfriend with whom to regularly practice. At 28, after being without a girlfriend for some years, having only casual sex, I decided to stop the paroxetine, since I would have sex with girls that appealed a lot to me sexually but I wouldn’t be able to reach orgasm and I wouldn’t feel almost genital pleasure at all. After being off it for almost a year, I had sex again and I didn’t feel anything, just pain. Now, I don’t know what is happening, I don’t know if it’s the PSSD or my anxiety and depression but I rarely get horny at all. I can watch lots of pictures and videos of hot girls having sex and oftentimes I don’t feel a thing. It’s been like three years since I last had pleasure masturbating on a regular basis. Usually, the orgasms are not very intense.

So I still have some penile anaesthesia in the frenulum and I have almost no libido and my orgasms when masturbating feel very weak. My semen is ok and my penis looks like always, so I don’t have problems there.

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

I have not undertaken any treatments to recover. It’s difficult for me to talk about this issue.

My hormones are ok.

I have a slight caso of short frenulum and I think it might have to do with the loss of sensitivity in the frenulum when erect and with some genital pain when having sex but urologist say it’s ok. This condition also makes me fear I end up injuring my penis when having sex, since the glans curves a little bit because of the tight foreskin (just a little) and I fear I end up suffering micro-injuries and develop peyronie’s disease.

This whole situation takes away my confidence and I’ve been avoiding sex for years. Lately, the few times I ended up having sex I was quite reticent at first because of this. I’m wasting my sex life.

I would like to know how to get back to normal, if that’s possible. I thought there was a specific subforum here for people suffering from PSSD but I don’t see it. I’m almost certain it used to be here.

I don’t have the answers for you, but your title is misleading. It has been 5 years since you completely quit the drug. So it’s not 14 years “after” you start to feel getting worse. You can try many things to get cured. Have you tried Balkan Tribulus cycling? Check out that thread. Have you seen urologist? Did he check out your nerve system? Any MRI’s?

1 Like

Hi Cooper. That’s right, the title is wrong, I started taking paroxetine 14 years ago and I got off it a little more than two years ago. However, these two years have been the worse two.

I haven’t talked with an urologist about it. I will check that thread about Balkan Tribulus.

Thanks for answering.

Do you know if there is any forum that is about PSSD?

1 Like

pssdforum.com

1 Like