PSSD and coping over 5 years

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
Sri Lanka

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
form pssdforum.com web site

What is your current age, height, weight?
31Yrs, 6ft, 94Kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Fluvoxamine

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
dosage is not remember

What condition was being treated with the drug?
Anxiety & Panic attack

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
2yrs

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
20yrs

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
23yrs

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
taper off

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
Side effect starts after around 1 week as I remembered. It is persistent until now and geting worst with after stopping.

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Loss of libido, Not feel love and need of sex, Genital numbness, Low pleasure ejaculation, No craving or fantasies about sex and girls

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[x ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)
No craving or fantasies about sex and girls, Not feel love and need of sex

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
Took Welbrutin, L-dopa, Muira Puama with no effect

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
Took post hormanal test like Testosterone, Prolactin, LH, FSH and they are in normal range.(https://imgur.com/74N8slL)

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
In 2008 I had very bad panic attack and that fear stucked in my chest without eliminating. What I felt was only fear and I always thought how I will live anoher 50years with this fear in my heart. After 2 days I met a Psychiatrist and he prescribed me Alprazolam. it release me somewhat but still I couldn’t live like this. Then he prescribed me Fluvoxamine. Start getting bit better and anxiety was under control. But my sex drive is went very low, Its very hard me to achieve orgasm and the penis was not sensitive as before. But erection was OK. I contacted my doctor regarding this and he said this will go away after I stopping Fluvoxamine. But it will never go away. after few months I have to take Escitalopram and I stopped it after 6 months. After that I got prescribed Welbrutin for my libido issue and it increase my anxiety so I stopped it. In those days my brain was like hell. I cannot do complex maths and work and even hard to talk to people I feel like my brain is crashed. Its very painful. Doctor prescribed me Mirtazapin + Lamotrigine for this. these combo worked well and after I stopping Mirtazapin after 2years of usage my PSSD getting worst. I am still taking Lamotrigine very low dose and its now around 4 years. Now I am not interested in sex and I never have sex in my life. My libido and morning wood and feeling of love all gone. Everyday I am try to cope my anxiety and with that I can live with this PSSD. studying Buddhism and understanding the reality and suffering of life help me to cope my anxiety arising for thinking of how miserable I am due to PSSD.
Its really great and thankful to see your forum’s help for PSSD sufferers too.

1 Like

Welcome @dann888, you are absolutely in the right place. We are of the opinion that our conditions are the same wether caused by a different substance or not.

Sorry to hear that you’re dealing with this but take comfort that as we gather together, it will be impossible to ignore us. You will receive an email inviting you to take a survey which will take a while to do. Please fill this out. It is a big part of our work to gain recognition for the condition.

Update: oops, I just saw you’re well aware of the survey!

Thanks for joining up and if you know of others dealing with this, please invite them to take our survey too.

We have another project underway using data from 23&Me which you can read about here:

2 Likes

Hi @Greek Thanks for the message. I will do the survey and do the needful to spread the message through out the pssdforum :blush:

Great, glad to have you here.

Well, you know what I mean. :slight_smile: