Psilocybin/Ketamine

Has anyone here had experience with Ketamine or Psilocybin?

If so:
-Have you had any improvement in symptoms?
-Did you microdose or take a regular dose?

1 Like

I wondered this in regards to neurogenesis. Many studies going on… some PTSD patients have had notable improvements.

1 Like

I did mushrooms, after ending my trip. I masturbated, remember a more intense orgasm and more hard erection. But effects fade away next day. Nothing long lasting with these substances.

That’s what intrigues me. I believe although PFS is driven by overexpression, depending on your severity there could be some therapeutic opportunities for a few people by trying to correct downstream issues. I could be wrong, but those are just my thoughts.

I’m going to enroll in something called CogMed that supposedly has benefits (with regards to working memory) for ADHD and TBI patients, and my reasoning is since those are biologically driven conditions and they see benefit, maybe it could help us too.

I had 5 IV treatments of Ketamine, starting at 40mg and ending at 60mg. Weird experience, but I did feel improvements of the depression and panic attacks (Which were recent) and got some motivation back. In fact, I was measurably walking faster. I even smiled a bit, which I haven’t done much of in the last dozen FPS years.

It was noticeable from the first treatment, but for me, it’s diminished a bit since, even with increasing dosage. With that said, it’s still an improvement. I’d like to try the ketamine nasal spray, if I can find a treatment center for it somewhere.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. Looking at your post history, I notice you’ve had PFS for quite a while and exercise helps you, I was wondering if this has always been the case or you could not tolerate exercise in the past?

1 Like

Exercise has always helped, along with a good diet, which lead to less body fat. The challenge is finding the energy and motivation to do the exercise and to stay on a healthy diet. I recall at a peak once, I was actually found myself happy as I was walking in the street. It was a strange feeling, and I recall thinking this is how others feel regularly.

1 Like

Psilocybin is a bit of a tricky one imo, tried it a couple of times both full dose and micro doses. Did more micro dosing though ( For the first 2 micro doses, i had good experiences with it. Feelings of higher dopamine and a good mood and zoning into one topic well… its just not good if you have stress or anxiety due to it exasterbates that feeling. I think bigger doses periodically could have potential anti depressant effects. More research is showing this as a possible anti depressant in the future. Even people who tried all sorts of anti depressants said when they tried the mushrooms in a controlled environment with a sitter they felt better for a month or two and like the weight had been lifted off their shoulders.

I still think its a bit risky with PFS cause our bodies are unstable and mood fluctuations could make it tricky to have consistent benefits from it.

No boost in the libido department for me there though

1 Like