Propeciahelp: End of Year Update and 2021 Plans

@slavoushka

Yes. I understand WGS as a basic and comprehensive pharmacogenomic method that could likely lead to a partial mechanistic explanation.

Also, from my interpretation of what I have read on the topics, its more efficient to “drill-up” through the epigenome, transcriptome, and proteome, than it is to drill-down because the genome is not nearly as dynamic as the other “-omics” domains. Their variable nature within an individual and interactions among these higher-level domains introduces another huge layer of complication.

It didn’t appear to be feasible to begin with a “proteome-wide” association analysis when I was heavy into it. It was something performed on a particular set (sometimes a very large set) of proteins to test a hypothesis. That was a few years ago and may have changed.

As axo stated, 2 leading experts in molecular biology independently recommended starting with WGS after consideration of the predicament. Undertaking such a research project will ultimately be left in the hands of an expert scientist.

4 Likes

Isn’t Baylor performing WGS?

It seems as though affordable WGS are on the horizon. Genomics stocks have been one of the best performing industries this year as the future of genomics / CRISPR seems quite promising.

Here’s an excerpt from Invitae’s 10k:

"Ability to expand our genetic content

Our focus on reducing the average cost per test will have a countervailing force — increasing the number of tests we offer and the content of each test. We intend to continue to expand our test menus by steadily releasing additional genetic content for the same or lower prices per test, ultimately leading to affordable whole genome services. The breadth and flexibility of our offering will be a critical factor in our ability to address new markets, including internationally, for genetic testing services. Both of these, in conjunction with our continued focus on strategic partnerships, will be important to our ability to continue to grow the volume of billable tests we deliver."

Never heard of this. Over the years, there have been some mentions on this forum of a “genetic study” at Baylor in reference to the gene expression analysis.

Un grand Merci Axolotl and to all your team for your work, your investment, … ! In spite of this particular year and the fact that many had the impression that nothing was moving forward, we have had many scientific publications and we can see that the look of the Authorities, of the doctors change enormously, so 2021 should reserve some nice surprises. Take a well deserved rest, well done to all of you, Sylviane.

12 Likes

I appreciate you guys and all the members’ efforts from the foundation.

You are our only lighthouse in the dark

5 Likes