Propecia slows Aging?

Have any of you ex-Propecia users noticed an effect on the aging process after quitting?

I may imagine things, but when I was on Propecia (for 6 years) I didn’t seem to age as quickly as my peers. This is disregarding Propecia’s effect on hair. I mean more general aging (skin quality, boyish looks etc). Did you notice anything similar? Basically, did you look younger than your friends? And after you quit, has the aging process been speeding up?

I have no theory regarding how finasteride would have this effect. I’m just curious to see if anyone has noticed the same thing or if it’s just a daft idea :confused:

If anything many people have found the opposite – while on the drug, they find it “ages” them significantly – reports of new wrinkles on face, change in fat distribution (body, face), dark circles under eyes, dry skin, grey/white pubic & body hair, and a variety of other issues.

Androgens are vital for maintenance of bodily functions and skin health, so it should be no surprise if things start changing for the worse when you deprive yourself of them.

just guessing here but it seems that by screwing with the hormones - notably estrogen- propecia gave many users a puffy face leading to a baby face like appearance.also the mere fact of having more hair makes you look younger.

I had something like this …
During the treatment and a few months later it’s as if time had stopped for me .
I have 31 years but proved 22 .
Everyone tells me that , and me too . I have the features as a kid , no wrinkles and face young . With the divestment 'm recovering time stopped . Old age has arrived all together.

Yep i look like shit now compared to just 2 or 3 years ago…Look at a picture of myself then to now…20lbs of weight gain all over but strange like fluid or rubber feeling flab all over lower body…Love handle and stomach is unbelievable difference…Hair looks like thin and burnt up or very dry in texture…Before i had nice thick hair and now its like someone elses hair not my own…Hair also greyed very quickly on the sides and now some in front…Skin is drier with a waxier look…And energy is non comparable to before i got duped into taking this worrthless shit…bad part is nobody can tell you anything as to why all this occurs…

I look a lot younger than my age. I think testosterone is supposed to cause the skin to become thicker and age quicker right? If so then it would make sense that propecia makes you look younger since it lowers your testosterone or at least keeps your body from being able to utilize it normally

I suspect in your case skorpio you just haven’t been hit by those particular sides and that you would look young for your age anyway, unless you are saying that you looked older and now look younger. As Mew states above, many have experienced the tell tale signs of premature aging as a result of propecia use, possibly through androgen deprivation. Although luck shouldn’t come into it, you are lucky that your face has survived intact.

Hi, I see, it’s a very old thread. But it still might be of interest, maybe especially because of that.

I used to take Propecia for around 19 years, from the year 2000 to 2019, from age 23 to 41. I never had noticeable medical side effects. This year (around May 2019) I stopped with it. I still do not notice any medical side effects. But… Now the interesting thing comes.

I have no proof but I believe that Propecia or Finasteride respectively, have slowed down aging of my body. I look much younger than I’m supposed to. This might be god given, genes or just luck. But my younger appearance is noticeable. When I tell people of my age, the usually are baffled. Sometimes they even don’t believe me. I often got treated like a young guy not like an adult, mature man (I know, some would like to tell that it has to do with my immature personality… haha, joking).

Second, I believe that Propecia has somehow had an effect on my masculinity. Finasteride are hormone-active, so they influence the hormonal and Testosterone balance. For sure.
I can’t tell with certainty, but I believe it has had an effect on my masculine aura and the perception of it by women and my perception of women. I almost never could tell, if a woman was interested in me. I always had the feeling of being somehow blind for that. And I really rarely had success with women. I was like walking in a sort of fog.
This year, when I stopped with it, everything changed. I see women all the time looking at me, in an extent I never experienced before. I also believe I can feel if a woman is interested in me. It’s a real noticeable sensation I almost never had the last 19 years. I am also sexually more agressive, not in a negative way, just much more determined. Also women in general respond more positive to me.

Third, since 6 years I do a lot of sports, mostly cardio, but also weight lifting. But, since I stopped with Finasteride, my muscle growth of the last half year has exceeded all results of the previous 5+ years. In just 6 months I got to the point where I look muscular, lean, last summer even ripped.

I know, that are purely subjective perceptions.

After all, I decided not to take Propecia ever again. In my opinion it reduces masculinity. I’d rather be bald than ever, EVER! experience again, what I have experienced being on Finasteride.
By the way, Minoxidil, a remedy that can be applied externally on the scalp, also seems to be effective on regrowing hair. That’s what I will stick to in the next time.

I noticed this too…I thought it was something to do with my life where I just feel like ‘Peter pan’ syndrome, never had to grow up for a woman, for children, for anything. Still living my life as if I was 19 . That’s what I thought it was but really I think the pill was doing something. At 31 I did a photo shoot and I feel like I looked younger than I ever did , it was weird

I’m 34 yo and people think I’m 17 to 23.
But since I stopped Dutasteride I feel like my face has aged a bit.
A friend of mine looks also a lot younger, and takes 1mg Dutasteride everyday without problems.

I look like I’m in my mid-late 30s now and I’m 24 used to have amazing skin Ive aged rapidly I look like shit now!

I can tell you all that this is placebo talking Finasteride does not “slow” down the ageing process whatsoever if anything inhibiting neurosteroids and other hormones will amplify the ageing of cells. I have aged substantially, before Finasteride I never had a single wrinkle, in under one year my face is now covered in them as I have also lost the subcutaneous fat- the protective layer of the face why that is I have no idea, this can also be evidenced by the fact that when I wear socks or boxers that it leaves an indentation around that area were the elastic sits, leaving behind deep red marks that hurt my skin even the hard padding on my feet has disappeared making it hard to walk. The question here should be what is the life expectancy of someone with PFS? My money is on that is has been dramatically reduced.

2 Likes

We are still in the unknown for life expectancy territory…although I’m gonna suggest those of us who continue to have long term sleep disruption are surely gonna have our lives shortened