Progesterone treatment?

Life was good:

selegiline may indeed bring about side effects after discontinuation im afraid. I doubt you can be sure just how much MOA-B will rebound… im guessing this will be mechanism. Though the literature that is avaliable doesn’t make many references to this being common- so i suppose it comes down to the individual.
If your concerned about altering MOA-B you could always opt for a different method and supplement velvet bean? Assuming ofcourse it is an increase in avaliable dopamine we’re aiming for- i can’t be sure unfortunately.
But i will say this, in all honesty and confidence; Mentally- i am FULLY recovered. I’m currently working full time- uni part time, have a healthy baby boy on the way and a very active/happy social life. When i first came off finasteride- I had severe depression, panic episodes (both of which i’ve never had prior), consistant brain fog, 10% motivation to do anything- the list goes on. Haven’t seen any sign of any of them for a while now :slight_smile:

SPstriken:

I think in this instance you need to give credit to physiology 101: which dictates that the Brain ultimately regulates the body- and not the other way round. Alterations in neuro-chemistry affects the balance and feed-back loops of the thyroid, pituitary, the hypothalamus etc- All of these are responsible for your sense of ‘normality’ that we all strive to attain again. But then again- i suppose its all opinion at this stage LOL

Mark 2012:

Hi Mark,

Yes they are definitely bigger and fuller than they were after my first crash. (Its freken embarrasing how small they were). That said, i don’t what they would be like had i never taken the drug- however the increase in volume since my protocol is significant- though after sex they do tend to loose a bit- then recover the next day (can’t say if this is normal but logic would suggest it so)

MindsEye;

Thanks mate- believe me when i say i’m so gratefull i don’t have to go through the bull-S*hit- life is hard enough.

Ok so before i started finasteride- i couldn’t tell you. Around the 85-90kg Mark if i was to take a guess. 2-3 months post finasteride i went up to 108kg. I know sit at 93kg. Physical activity was moderate before- gym 2 times a week (anaerobic), diet was quite poor, regular fast food- typical 21year old- twice a week drinking.
During finasteride/ Just after: Gym 2-4 times a week (more focus on aerobic routines)- Diet-relatively clean - drinking once a week.
After finasteride- Gym- 3-4 times a week-(heavy focus on anaerobic routines) diet very clean, limited carbs, 5 servings of veggies everyday- (still drinking once a week lol)

sorry if its not as comprehensive as you’d like- but i fugure you’d ask for more specifics if need be.

FJ929:

Hi Mate,

No doubt in my mind there are many things guys on this forum would disagree with me on, though we can only really bring what we know to the table. Most who i’ve read up on or have spoken to have had long term exposure to finasteride- ie: greater than 2 years, and long term recovery periods (if at all).

Cheers guys

If anyone has any question about LATE’s protocol or my addition to it, please ask here. Please do not PM me.

Yeah, basically how are you feeling Second Amendment? Do you feel this is moving you forward in balancing out neurotransmitters / hormones?

Yes. I believe I have the right tools; I just need to work on proper dosing.

Very interesting stuff…

Really appreciate these updates light at the end, glad you’re doing so well.

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

thought i’d report something which may be rather graphic to some but to others it represents a normalisation of androgenicity.

1. I happy to say that orgasms are now 100% INTENSE again- teen days even. That dull BS excuse for one most of us have been privy to is definitely gone.
  2. this may seem graphic, but i’m confident we are all adults with a goal, thus any breaches in social etiquette will be forgiven*
    EVERY occasion, be it sex, whacking the bird, or a blowey recently - has resulted in PRESSURISED ejaculate ie: i’ve got distance again- i’m talking with very decent force.
    Now that was ancient history- have been used to a relative “leak” for years- whilst the girl i’m seeing won’t entirely share my enthusiasm- due to some recent poor “aim” on my part LOL, i think this symbolises what it is to function like a man again.

I have actually STOPPED taking progesterone, after a gradual reduction in use. Hoping that its benefits will remain. No rebound effect yet to speak of- will keep everyone posted.

Have had a quick look at some of the recent support of the “allopregnanolone/ neuro-steriods/GABA etc” theory… glad to see the relative science behind this is getting its due attention. Heres hoping that a concrete and stable recovery protocol can be synthesised soon enough- possibly off the mechanisms involved in my case- whatever they may be.

All the best again guys.

whooooooa … if you dont mind, what EXACTLY were you taking to make you feel like this?

im happy for you man, that is great that you feel good

In what physical, mental and sexual areas have you improved from before and by how much (maybe using a scale of 1-10)?

What supplements and pharma products are you using, and why?

How long did it take for you to notice improvements?

Light at the End - glad to hear you are doing well! We really appreciate you sharing your protocol treatment and taking the time to help us all out.

I have to add on to this. About 6 weeks ago I took 10mg of progesterone rectally for 5 days. I actually experienced a downward spiral for a week…but…but… the last 5 weeks have been unbelievable. Upon cesation of just 5 days, my cold intolerance left me. In the previous 7 months I would have only one or two days of feeling like I was getting better before I would return to baseline. In the last 5 weeks I have been getting nocturnals/morning/random erections, an increase in sensitivity, most days feeling the powerful orgams and ensuing relaxation, better sleep etc. Now, I cant be 100% sure it was the Progesterone that helped bump me up or whether it will remain improving since I have also been drinking a lot of Vodka.

I have less muscle twitches, that startling feeling, better digestion, my body is warming up, I actually sweat a lot, scalp itches etc.

I am thinking about doing Progesterone again. Anybody mimic this improvement?

1 Like

Physical
Fatigue 7/10

Mental
Ambition 6/10
Panic attacks 8/10
Mental acuity 6-7/10
Recovered from the “brain fog” where your senses are detached from your brain. I couldn’t see in color for 4 months
Memory/Recall 6/10
Sleep Quality 9/10

Sexual
Mood/Sexuality 5-9/10 (varies)
Sensitivity 4-8/10 (varies)
Erectile Function 4/10 (still bad)

New Protocol. Selegiline 2.5 mg Every day. Andractim 2 small drops on chest EOD. Progesterone small amounts 3x/week.
Supplements: GNC Amino Acid Forumula ~$12 for sexual, mental, general health.
2 l-dopa capsules, 2 l-arginine capsules, 2 l-glutamine capsules together on days I work out to help HGH reslease.
Tribulus protodioscin. I stopped this because I thought it’d be a waste while using the DHT Cream. I am going to start a cycle once I stop the Andractim.
Garlic
Just started sulphorafane.

Significant improvement in about six weeks. I got the flu and had to stop the protocol. I recovered from the flu, started the protocol and am about 3/4 to where I was pre-flu.

There are 4 stages of sex. Fin as drastically reduced the pleasure of all 4, especially the excitement phase and plateau phase. Orgasms were bad, but not as bad as some men describe. This protocol drastrically improved the first two stages of sex especially plateau. I’ve had some setbacks since I came down with the flu but am making progress to getting back where I was.

ETA: I take and write down my temperature daily. It’s almost always 98.0. Up nearly 2 full degrees from just after crash. I used to take iodine but ran out a month ago.

Have people considered going to their endocrinologists or neuroendocrinologists and reporting to them the improvements/changes people on here have reported with progesterone and deprenyl (i.e. boosting dopamine)? Maybe this will get them thinking or they will understand the underlying mechanism of what is going on.

Are the doctors/scientists a part of the PFS research aware of recovery reports such as this? Again, this may be good information for them.

Anyone in contact with Dr. Traish, Dr. Jacobs, or Dr. Khera care to inform them?

dgreene, think we need more people trying this progesterone protocol but yes I wish all the doctors see this as a estrogen dominance problem.

started a protocol very similar to LATE’s yesterday. I’ll update if and when I see changes.

Under supervision of a doctor?

no. i was under the supervision of a doctor which led to my current state. i’m not afraid of experimentation at this point.

Had an extremely interesting conversion today with a very very good neurologist. I work with doctors as a lawyer so I have access to pick the brains. I even showed him our site and some of the theories etc. He said he found a few things very interesting. The first was that we dont respond to TRT, more interestingly that some respond but then cycle down to baseline or a little worse. He said that generally points to down regulated (over sensitized) receptors. In other words, our bodies are probably not having a problem producing hormones, but that they are not being transmitted to the receptor sites properly. In other words we are not synthesizing the hormones. He was also interested that some people make progress. He believed these people have found ways to re-sensitize or re-generate the receptor site. He, like myself, doesnt see a culmulative effect or toxicity of the drug because of the time frames of symptoms. In other words, some take one pill, others take thousands of pills before the EXACT same syndrome persists. He said that also points to a momentary change, possible overload at the receptor site. He described it as almost a perfect storm of imbalance at the site that downregulates it either from the first few pills or the last pill. Finally, when I asked why do some people start to get better years off, he remarked that it could take this time frame before the receptor sites are restored or upregulated. He sees this entirely neurological.

Checkout Awor’s resent post, please donate to the foundation. We are NEVER going to figure this out by assuming!!!

Certainly not an expert but that makes good sense to me Finatruth. Definitely sheds some light on why varying timeframes of 5ar inhibition don’t seem to matter with regards to side effects.

ihatefin:
Mate, i too was under the ‘supervision’ of a doctor when he prescribed me finasteride (in retrospect, a minor duty of care FAIL there). Then, seeing him again years later wanting to know what the hell was wrong with me - he read what every doctor reads when it comes to finasteride, MERCK’s glowing side effect profile.
He then told me- “it must all be in your head”.
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
Thus I could not agree with you more about talking matters into our own hands. Had i not, and instead simply waited around for the the glorious scientific community who put us here in the first place to offer me a solution- i wouldn’t be living like i’m living right now.

PS: i am hearing some positive things about my protocol (and variations of it) from others on the forum- Fingers crossed we may actually be on to something thats effective for multiple sufferers!

1 Like

hey lightattheend i’m thinking about try progesterone cream too, you said that you stop,
how many months did you use progesterone cream? tks, sorry for english

are you 100% recovered?!