Progesterone Pregnenolone

Has anyone tried these as therapies? I read a lot about how they are related to T and DHT. Precursors to T. Downregulated cortisol production line.
I tested on the low end for progesterone. Low testosterone for my age. Pregnenolone 84 ng/dl

Im at the point where I cant fight my suicidal thoughts anymore.
Time feels like its not on my side anymore and I need to take action towards fixing this.
I took a quick fix pill I think its only right if I put in some effort to try to reverse what I did to myself.

1 Like

Look at what you’re eating mate it could be adding to your problems. My suicidal thoughts, anxiety, irritability etc etc were raging and things felt out of control. Elimination of so many foods has put things mostly on an even keel. My baseline is now very low but the eratic chaotic extremes have all but gone

I think (I’m not a doctor neither have I tried it myself yet) that Progesterone can be beneficial in some PFS patients.

But taking it will give negative feedback to your HPG axis, which will lower T for example. This is why I don’t recommend it for anyone who is not on some type of TRT or HRT.

Pregnenolone however I would stay away from. The risk of it synthesis into DHEA and then into estrogens is quite high in males (at least healthy males according to science).

I can attest to exogenous DHEA increasing E2 level. I witnessed this first-hand. Moreover, I would be cautious about starting Pregnenolone due to HPA negative feedback loop.

1 Like

What’s your diet like now/which foods were triggers for you?

1 Like

My diet was extremely healthy I lived on fruit, veg, salad and lean protein. Every two/ three days I was having extremely severe symptoms and was falling asleep after eating. All of this was not long after I discovered PFS. The healthier I ate the worse I got, for instance I increased the amount of raw veg I ate. I would like awake in bed I’d get angry for no reason is be afraid to talk to people etc. I began to eliminate food and would notice an immediate improvement and feel great then things would drop back. The only foods that don’t hurt me are potatoes and steak. I also eat gluten free cornflakes, set plain yoghurt “which can make me feel cold” chicken which bring on night sweats occasionally, cod and seabass are ok and tomatoes. I have the odd banana. I drink lots of water. 5ar foods blow me into another world even in small amounts same goes for plant based foods even more when I ate them regularly. It’s very hard living on limited food but the alternative is hell. It’s definitely worth seeing if foods cause problems. Sensitivities only kicked in after years of PFS but for some it can be early on.

Sounds like not much on progesterone use? I actually havent looked into it if it is sold as a supplement or if I need a prescription for it but that is the first thing on my list to try.

I have gone a year and a half all natural besides a month of multivitamins (which didnt do anything).

Natural/time hasnt done much after the first few intial months after taking finasteride. Need to do something at this point.

Do you have a topic with your diet? I see you talk about diet frequently but I just cant really get on board because i ate spinach all the time no problem and then I see you say spinach is a 5ar inhibitor?
I just cant wrap my head around it. That drug straight up messed me up instantly. Spinach never did anything negative to me in my life. (Sorry I think it was spinach that you said was a 5ar inhib I cant really remember what it was) I hope you can see why im struggling to understand my reason for not understanding diet as a pfs therapy.

@dragonslayer123 food only started blowing me apart approx 3 years ago prior to that and with Pfs I was fine with everything diet wise though I was starting to react negatively to supps eg lecithen, creatine, green tea which I took for general fitness. Then red wine, cashews, almonds, kiwi then it spiralled. I think it depends on the individual. My Dr threw SSRIs at me as I tried to hold onto my career and marriage I was not fully tuned into Pfs at the time as had only recently discovered it as my cause of health issues. Exposure to 5ar inhibitors has certainly made me a lot worse. If you are ok with foods you maybe ok on that front. I used to eat buckets of healthy food inclusive of spinach so don’t overly worry stay clear of supps and meds would be my only advice

@LazarusRy when you mention green tea, do you mean as in actual tea or extract?

Because green tea extract is liver toxic and imo shouldn’t even be sold.

1 Like

As a supplement @Cbrandel I was ok with it for years until Pfs became very prevalent wish I’d known

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying @LazarusRy

I hope you’re feeling better today, your latest update post wasn’t a fun read.

1 Like

It’s very brutal but thanks for your concern @Cbrandel

1 Like

I’m on TRT right now and I got progesterone cream (the one for woman).
I have done a cycle of 25mg every day for 2 weeks and when that didn’t have any effect I went nuts and covered my body with half the bottle after showering… that was like 400-500 mg.
Also didn’t have any effect… so yeah…

Men should use 5-10mg per day.

For what exactly? Seems like no matter how much I use I still get nothing.

Well I can’t say any specific reason, just that the average male produce 5-10mg per day. So to replace it aka HRT that’s the dose used.

1 Like