Prof Donal O'Shea Endocrinologist - Dublin Ireland

Just back from seeing Prof Donal O’Shea. It was good to finally meet another Doctor in Ireland apart from Dr Andrew Rynne who recognises PFS.

Prof O’Shea is not as knowledgeable as Dr Rynne is on PFS but he seemed very eager to learn more about PFS and described PFS to me as a “disaster” he said if he had heard of PFS 5 years ago he would not have believed it. But after consulting with his colleagues in America he now believes PFS is real.

Apart from me he said he has only seen 2 other PFS patients.

He said that my case was the “same story” he had heard from other people.

He is no expert on PFS but atleast hes willing to treat PFS patients and is open to learning more about PFS

Prof O’Shea is a very high profile Doctor in Ireland he is interviewed by the media all the time and he also regularly appears on TV discussing obesity.

It would be great to get a Doctor like him on our side. I wound encourage everyone with PFS in Ireland to go and see him.

The more people with PFS who see him the better. Having a Doctor as well know and respected as him involved in PFS research would do alot for our cause and get other Doctors in Ireland to take PFS alot more seriously.

Anyone who wants to see him will need a referral letter from a Doctor to say they have had an “adverse drug reaction to Finasteride”.

To see him in his Public Clinic in Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin is free but to see him in his Private Clinic in Loughlinstown Hospital costs 160 Euro for a consultation. If you can afford it I’d recommend seeing him privately as it can take many months to get a public appointment.

His contact details are.

Tel: 01 2115033
Prof Donal O’Shea,
St Colmcilles,
Private Clinic,
Loughlinstown,
County Dublin

Tel:01 2638807
Prof Donal O’Shea,
St. Vincent’s University Hospital,
Elm park,
Dublin 4

What is he going to do to try to treat you?

He wants me to do a number of blood tests before he can move forward with any kind of treatment. Whats important is that he actually believes PFS is real.