PRODUCT: Athletic Greens

Looking for feedback, ideas, criticism, etc. for the supplement product Athletic Greens (https://athleticgreens.com/us). In months and months of reading through this site and others, I’ve made a list of all of the supplements/herbs that people suggest to take. This product appears to have a lot of them including D vitamins and zinc as well as probiotics. I also like that it comes in individual Travel Packs that you take in 8-12 oz. of water. I’m drawn to this product for ‘ease of use’ as opposed to keeping up with a bunch of different supplements and bottles everyday.

I’ve attached the ingredient labels as well. I do see that it has beet root in it and I know that has been controversial at times. Does anyone else see any other red flags or benefits to this product? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Don’t waste your money and time on something that wont work…you don’t believe me?..Buy it and come in 1 month to tell me that I was right. Not to mention that many of those compounds might be 5 alpha Reductase inhibitors. At least rosemary extract is one of them

It won’t work for him if he’s expecting a magic bullet, which I don’t think is his expectation.

I have purchased a green powder myself, Kos Show Me The Greens, which seems low risk. It’s just part of a healthy routine.

Vitamin D, zinc (low dose / depends on the person), and magnesium certainty have some potential for positive benefits. Green powder may as well. I started with Vitamin D 2,000 IU, magnesium theronate, and also 1/2 tablespoon of manuca honey in the morning.

This is a multifaceted fight

There are many warnings on this site about zinc. I would recommend extreme caution with ingesting anything. I would recommend extreme caution whether you have PFS - or not. People have very poor risk literacy and poor making decision generally. But with pharmaceuticals, supplements, drugs - you have the ability to do extreme, outsize damage to your life, there.

2 Likes

I was in no way considering this as a magic bullet to ‘cure’ me. Nutrition is a very important part of a healthy lifestyle, and there are countless stories on here where supplementation has shown positive effects for people. I was asking for thoughts from others who have taken or researched the ingredients in this particular product. I’m familiar with most of the ingredients, but I like to hear from others who have been on this journey longer than I have.

1 Like

Go careful. There are many stories saying that things improved, often followed by them saying that “it stopped working” and then other people being unable to get the same effect from the supplements in question.

Sorry.

2 Likes