Prep update and libido question

IF you going to see a doctor you will have to pretend you are gay, unless you are. Thats in case you want a prescription for it. But it is easy to get it without a prescription.

Nah Iā€™m going to order it and tell them what Iā€™m taking and I want to be monitored while doing so. Iā€™m not gay and not a very convincing liar. Although surely straight people take the medicine too right? I donā€™t know the statistics but straight people can get HIV too, seems like an honest concern to have.

1 Like

regarding @Rmoney96 , at least he could let us know how is he doing and if he still taking prep and does he think prep contributed to his recovery. This information would be very valuable to the communityā€¦

3 Likes

And I am curious is there any theory why Prep could help ? Seems like its just a blind guess without any theory behind it.

As we donā€™t understand the condition (or canā€™t prove our ideas currently) you might argue that all these ideas are blind guesses.

No. Because on the other substances/herbs we have information and studies how they might affect our bodyā€¦ hormones etc. and how in theory they could help. But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing behind prep. All we know it prevents HIV.

See this post for a proposed explanation of how reverse transcriptase inhibitors might help reverse PFS:

Itā€™s just a theory though.