Potential pfs risk factors:
- Length of time on finasteride (but some people get long-term symptoms after one dose)
- Previous exposure to finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, SSRI/SNRIs or isotretinoin (Accutane)
- Stopping and restarting finasteride one or more times; irregular dosing or changes in dose
- Predisposition to, or diagnosis of, depression, bipolar disorder, an anxiety disorder or OCD (this does not mean the syndrome is purely psychological)
- Characteristics (anecdotally): high libido; sensitive temperament
- Being younger (e.g., 18-22 vs 30-35)
Depression, Hypersexuality all discussed predisposition factors for PSSD too.