Post Saw palmetto syndrome?

1. How did you find this forum? Hair loss forums

2. What is your current age, height, weight? 20, 5’6, 125

3. Do you exercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Weights, 1-2x every other week, rarely cardio

4. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? I try to avoid red meat, i focus mainly on chicken and vegetables.

5. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? Hair loss

6. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 4 months

7. How old were you when you started Finasteride? 20

8. How old were you when you quit? 20

9. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? Cold turkey

10. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Saw Palmetto but I will explain.

11. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 291 mg daily and sometimes every other day

12. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? 2 weeks after i stopped

13. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[x ] Joint Pain
[] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[x ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? None

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride? nothing

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Alright, Hey everyone.

Now I feel like I’m nothing but a human that overthinks things, I read something and next day I feel like I have that disease, but I don’t know if that is the case now.

Heres my story, I’ve been taking this supplement called “Wick & Strom” that has many vitamins and biotin into it, and it has saw palmetto into it. I started taking it in may and stopped about two weeks ago, I went through two bottles of it. (60 capsules in each bottle), I used to take it one pill a day, sometimes two pills a day, and some days i would forget about it and not take it at all. I stopped about, I’d say a week and a half or two weeks ago. Now 2 days ago (friday) morning, I woke up with flu like symptoms and thought it was just a flu, i had a little bit to no fatigue at all, i went to school, then went to work, and everything was fine, except that at work I confronted myself being confused at times and sometimes doing things i could not explain how i thought about doing (Like grabbing the garbage can instead of the step ladder even though they were next to each other) Then I went back home and was looking up how maybe saw palmetto could effect memory loss (I’ve been scared for like 2 weeks that I’m developing dementia so I’ve been googling nonstop everyday for symptoms and things that could possibly cause it, and then i thought about doing that with saw palmetto since I’ve been on it for 4 months to just give it a try) and I came across an article that talked about post finasteride syndrome, ofcourse I read the whole article on how it could cause secondary hypogonadism, and listed bulletpoints of what secondary hypogonadism could do to you, and between those i read memory loss, confusion, then i came across “Erectile dysfunction”, decreased to nonexistent libido, muscle weakness and fatigue. So thats when i got scared and started looking more into secondary hypogonadism, and while i was really scared off my mind, i started thinking when the last time i was sexually active, which was tuesday. And then i started thinking whether I have decreased libido, and then later on that night while i was endlessly looking at forums I came across people complaining about saw palmetto causing them problems like that, and what scared me the most is that one person had flu like symptoms and blamed his fatigue on it. So later on in that night (this is embarrassing but i feel like i should say it) I tried masturbating just to figure out if I have ED or not and i realized i’m having problems getting an erection and maintaining it, yet somehow I managed to masturbate four times (probably because of how scared I was). Then went to sleep.

Saturday: woke up with no morning erection or anything (come to think of it, i dont remember the last time i ever got a morning erection) and was just scared off my mind still, i tried masturbating, still had problems getting an erection and maintaining it, but still did it anyways. And then i went out, I wasnt feeling tired or anything but i had a little bit of fatigue. Then at night i came across here and saw a post from “Terp03” and read his whole story and it made me so scared, but kept reading about it and how he was improving a little, and that he went to see Dr. shippen, but he stopped posting and its been years and years.

Today: I woke up with no morning erection, I got online and saw a video of someone saying how they took proscar one time and got post finasteride syndrome yet he managed to overcome it and listed a bunch of teas and supplements to go on and to keep exercising and maintain a healthy positive body and mind. So i went to the gym, ran cardio for 10 minutes, tried lifting weights and didnt notice any weakness till after 10 minutes, i got an anxiety attack and started breathing really fast, and felt really weak, then i got home and collapsed on the bed. After that I took a shower and then started getting sexual thoughts and tried masturbating and got an erection and got happy but then i started thinking again and lost it and lasted me a while to finish. Now here I am writing my story hoping for someone to explain to me what is happening with me, I’m only 20 and I can’t believe that avoiding finasteride and taking an herb instead was going to ruin me

Am i going to stay like this forever?

Also no, I do not feel depression or any suicidal thoughts.