Post Exemestane Syndrome

I suffer from a condition just as debilitating as PFS, which is PES.

Back in 2015 I thought I would naturally boost my testosterone by blocking aromatase.
I started taking 12.5mg Exemestane a day, which is a huge dose, especially for someone who isn’t on steroids.

It worked very well, it doubled my total testosterone and tripled my free testosterone in less than two weeks !

At first I had slightly stiffer joints and a general feeling of dryness.
My libido became very high so I was ready to deal with the side effects.

However they started becoming more pronounced :

• flat muscles, inability to get a pump
  • no will to work out
  • joint pain
  • body hair loss
  • extreme lethargy
  • no joy in listening to music or interacting with people
  • disturbed sleep

These symptoms remained even after a year of discontinuation.
I have spent close to 15 000$ in medical testing to elucidate what it could be, as I also took antibiotics around that time.

• complete health check
  • sleep check
  • multiple stool tests
  • dozens of blood tests

Tried every OTC supplement under the sun and a bunch of hormones including testosterone, proviron, masteron.

Testosterone makes me feel slightly better, but still doesn’t make me feel like my old self.

Now almost ten years after, symptoms still haven’t resolved although my bloodwork shows normal estradiol levels.

I stumbled on someone who was describing the same condition on another forum, who apparently had success by reactivating the estrogen receptor using estradiol valeriate.

Has anyone had the same condition and the same issue resolution using estradiol ?

Any help is a very much appreciated at this point.

I cannot be the only one suffering from that condition

I don’t know anybody like you, but it would demonstrate that our syndrome is related and came from having too many androgens that the body cannot handle, instead of something related with the DHT blockage.
Do you suffer from any sexual symptoms?
Did you suffer a “crash”? Or your symptoms arrive progressively?

Sudden crash. One morning things were not the same anymore, I was extremely tired for no reason, anxious and irritable.

No more libido or lust, just the ability to get hard when I see or smell a vagina.

Sounds like a crash, yep.
You shouldn’t be the only one.

I’ve already received a few private messages. I’m not the only one indeed.
Seems like quite a bunch of people suffer from this and that exogenous estradiol works well.

It has nothing to do with “too many androgens”, it’s just that estrogens participate in priming androgen receptors to receive androgens.

So exogenous estradiol aliviate your symptoms?

Hard to tell.
It makes me feel different for sure, but I can’t say it’s better.