Positive Results Going for Increase in 5AR and DHT (Sorghum, Glycine, Vitamin B1)

Hey all, I just wanted to say I’m having noticeable positive results with the following:

Glycine
Vitamin B1
Taurine
Sorghum Seeds

I am getting noticeably good results, almost 3 weeks in now. Harder erections, definitely noticing harder erections while sleeping/dreaming, more sexual dreams again, semen flows much easier/better, easier to ejaculate, better semen quality. Generally erections seem to flow better or happen a little quicker/easier. Everything is flowing better. More sexual thoughts. Better sensation too. And it’s dead winter, can only imagine if it was spring/summer and I was around women more.

I’m not waking up with morning wood, but I think that depends on what time one wakes up, as in what part of the sleep cycle you are in. But I notice hard erections in my sleep when I roll over and quickly fall back asleep, or I can feel them in dreams. This is a very positive result as it is important for the penis to do this while we sleep. I was of course having them before the regiment, but now it feels harder and I’m noticing it a lot more often.

The reason I created this regiment is that years ago it occurred to me that if reducing/inhibiting 5 alpha reductase for a few months caused the problem (decreasing DHT where it was supposed to be - prostate, seminal vesicles, testicles, pituitary gland, and the nerves around the genitals), then increasing 5 alpha reductase for a few months should theoretically help remedy the problem. Recently I remembered this idea and I found that Glycine, B1, and Sorghum seeds have shown to increase 5AR activity, and therefore gets more DHT where it needs to be. I also think it is good for the pituitary gland to eventually regulate everything on its own. I don’t intend to do this regiment forever, but I will for a few months.

Regarding Taurine, it is found in the testes and is important for their function. It also helps reverse damage to them. Some days, they really appear bigger, though temperature/arousal can be part of that. But in general everything is flowing better and feeling better.

I know creatine can increase DHT but I’m never tried that and I’m not wanting to at the moment.

Please note that I had started with Sorghum syrup for the first 2-3 days before switching to Sorghum Seeds. The syrup has a lot of added sugar and I could hear my stomach rumbling in a weird way after eating large spoonfuls. Also, I heard the seeds are what we need to increase 5AR/DHT instead of the syrup, so I only used the syrup for a couple of days before switching to the seeds. Sometimes I have a mini spoon of the syrup for the taste, but I don’t count it as part of the regiment. Also, I used Fadogia Agrestis 600mg, 1 pill daily for about 10 days before starting this regiment as a T booster. Not sure if that mattered or not, it was just a coincidence at the time and not planned.

I got everything on amazon, I included the mg I take and brands below if that helps anyone. I take them all at the same time in the evening and then make the sorghum at some point at night:

Glycine (Solgar brand, 500 mg, 1 pill)
Vitamin B1 (Now Foods 100 mg, 1 pill)
Taurine (500 mg Now Foods)
Sorghum Seeds (Organic Grains Organic Sorghum Grain - 3 Lbs. (48 Oz.) - Resealable (Green and white package) (Instructions: Bring to boil with water, then reduce to minimal heat to simmer cook for at least 15 minutes, drain and eat. Lid is on the pot entire time. You put the seeds in when you add water, no need to wait and add them after the water boils. You can also eat them raw but is a bit difficult on the teeth. I pour in a few large spoonfuls. It’s a lot like couscous.)

Some people also recommend Butcher’s Broom with Taurine, those are 100 mg in 1 pill, NowFoods. I’m not using BB with this though. I used them with Taurine awhile ago and noticed more morning erections then.
Also be careful with the Glycine, I’ve heard they can cause kidney stones in some people, especially at higher doses. So I keep it only to 500 mg daily. (I did 1000 mg daily for the first two days just to kick things off, but wanted to keep it safe at 500mg after that, I don’t want to experience kidney stones like Kramer).

I have not tested DHT before/after, but I’m feeling all of the above improvements. I hope this helps. I’m hoping it at least stays this way or even improves more over the next couple months. Looking forward to summer!

1 Like