Popular streamer Mizkif has PAS

9 Likes

Brave of him to talk about it on a twitch stream of all places.

5 Likes

Definitely some cultural change happening when people are having these kinds of conversations on public streams.

5 Likes

Nice find! I never would have come across this if you didn’t post this.

I see a few positives here.

1. Obviously any bit of awareness for PAS/PFS/PSSD is great. I hope a few young people see this and avoid going down the same path. Even one life saved is epic.

2. It’s also great to see someone being so publicly open about the condition although his supposed lack of erectile dysfunction might make him a little less averse to discussing the condition.

3. It was also great to see the empathetic response from Pokimane. Seeing someone unfamiliar with the condition, especially the opposite sex, discuss PAS and low/zero libido in an understanding way should help alot of us who expect the worst in the event we decide to disclose the symptoms we deal with.

4. Seeing someone who had PAS for years who also seems to be somewhat functioning (I don’t know anything about Mizkif) is great to see and proves there is a way forward other than suicide. He fortunately appears to have or atleast had a girlfriend at the time of the video. I hope he’s still doing well.

Thanks again for sharing!

Very interesting. Really good that he’s mentioning it in front of such a large audience, I think it definitely helps warn kids about the dangers of it. It does seem like his PAS isn’t as bad as many others. It really is weird how that works. He only has sexual issues while many others including myself (PFS) have sexual issues along with neurological issues which are much worse, in my opinion at least. I’m even younger than him at 22 and have not had a libido since I was 16 and have mental sides like brain fog, cognitive difficulties, emotionally blunted, anhedonia, memory problems, social anxiety, etc.

I wish we knew more about why some people have very mild effects. Mind blowing that such drugs are still allowed to be sold and continue to destroy the lives of so many people.

4 Likes