Poll: Experiences with seeking psychological support for coping with post-drug symptoms

Hi

The following is a poll in which members can vote once. It is anonymous so will not show who has voted or for what.

I thought it would be interesting to poll current active members on their experiences with seeking psychological support or being recommended psychological support by a primary care professional.

Have you sought or been referred to psychological support for your drug-induced symptoms?

• I have not sought/been directed to psychological support for my symptoms.
  • I sought/was directed to psychological support for my symptoms and was offered support with acknowledgement that my condition was physiological and induced by a drug.
  • I sought/was directed to psychological support and was offered support with a focus on helping me cope regardless of the underlying etiology of my symptoms.
  • I sought/was directed to psychological support and was offered support with suggestion or insistence my symptoms were psychological in origin.
  • I sought/was directed to psychological support but was not offered support.
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

Do we respond with our most recent, best, or most common experience?

Good question - obviously this is just a forum poll, not a considered survey for any use beyond interest, but I would suggest going with the most common experience if you have had multiple referrals.

I was referred for psychiatric support for post-drug psychiatric symptoms with acknowledgement that my full symptom profile was of a physiological origin.

No mention of a post-drug condition at that time because I was unaware this was a thing.