POLL - Absence from work due to PFS - Please vote

I thought it would be really useful to see how much time people needed to take off work in order to recover from PFS.
This poll should help us to better plan our recoveries in the future, give possible time predictions to employers/family and help with planning our finances in case of a lengthy absence.

Q) How long were you absent from work with PFS before returning?

• 0 - 1 Month
  • 1 - 3 Months
  • 3 - 6 Months
  • 6 - 12 Months
  • 1+ Year

0 voters

Thank you for taking part, much appreciated.

I was not. I got a job before I even knew what was wrong with me. I knew something was off cause my brain wasn’t working. I’ve been working in IT for 2 years now, and there were times when I felt really stupid/retarded in front of others, I couldn’t think laterally or come to conclusions quickly or overview the situation nearly as fast as others. It’s a very scary feeling when you know you have the intelligence but it just isn’t usable anymore.

I’m talking in the past tense but this has only gotten marginally better. Brain fog is still quite a problem for me, and I think my IQ or at least my general ability to think quickly and clearly in different directions, has gone down at least 20-30% since using Finasteride. I can only hope that I can return to the general level of awareness and mental presence that I once had.

Mental consequences (and personality changes, lack of confidence) have been my biggest obstacle for work, physically I am capable of doing everything needed incl. traveling.

I have gone into overtime trying different therapies, because being in the company for 2 years, I will soon no longer be a junior, and more and more responsibilities are being tacked on to me, at which point I simply can’t afford to be dealing with brain fog, anxiety, and other bullsh** that has been plaguing me the past 3 years. Hopefully I can reach the next step of recovery to be able to cope with all that awaits, since I’d hate to have to abandon my job or pass up on a promotion because of PFS.

1 Like

Practice gratefulness each day, it should help along with cold showers in the morning. Neurofeedback or Neuro optima can help with your symptoms. It’s expensive but worth it in your circumstances you will make the money back through work and get your life back. You can hire the optima units search online. @Ozeph has a really good blog on improving mental function. Meditation goes without out saying. Also search BrainHQ this game will improve your brain functions over time. Debbie Hampton has a website on this stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far, interesting results please keep voting.

Between doctors appointments, hospital stays and other shit… I probably was out 3 weeks total in the last year. Luckily I am sort of high up in my company and used vacation time, etc…

1 Like

Please vote if you haven’t. Thanks