Please share results with a ketogenic or high fat intake diet

I agree.

I also just want to be normal again. Or better than normal if I stay Keto.

I’ll watch the link. Thanks.

1 Like

Keto fixed my lifelong OCD i was taking SSRI for, which gave me PSSD. Had I known about carbs causing mental shit like this, I would have never taken SSRI in the first place. Did u know schizophrenia back in the day was called bread madness, they knew this shit was caused by carbs. Schizos being put on keto get a 90 percent reduction in symptoms (shown in an experiment), yet it’s never done in mental hospitals. Gue$$ why.

3 Likes

One question: Do you have a feeling/opinion/idea if it is beneficial to occasionally get out of ketosis and back in or is better to stay in ketosis as much as possible (all the time)?

Well that explains a lot.

I had some OCD too, some ADHD, anxiety, depression. But after one year of zero to very low carbs, it almost all gone. Like 95%. And I’m talking conditions before pfs.

Of course pfs improved a lot too.

2 Likes

You need a good 6 months of ketosis for your body to be fully adapted and ketones fullly integrated as your main energy source.

After that, you can have some carbs, sometimes. Not a little everyday, but 50 gr once in a while with a lot of no carbs days in between.

After a year, I can have limited amounts of carbs once in a while and it won’t show at all. It kinda feels good actually.
But if I have too much, I feel bad right after. Too often, symptoms reappears.

So a straight answer, I believe small amount of carbs (30-50 gr) once a week is at least not harmful and maybe beneficial. Good for morale anyway.
But you must wait a few months in full ketosis before doing that.

You’ll see by yourself. Your “favorite” symptoms will reappear if cards are bad for you.
For me, it’s either anxiety or headaches.

1 Like

I really think our carb diets are one of the reasons people now get shit like anxiety/OCD all that stuff. Ofcourse not all cases, but u get what I mean.

2 Likes

I agree. And nothing we can do but share our experience if asked.

Lol. It’s not like it’s the only thing going wrong on this planet.

But that’s fine. Let’s take care of ourselves first and the world can takecare of itself. Plus when we make ourselves better, we make the sum of the world better.

2 Likes

Looking at the most cases i know, many of us were anxious/ocd before taking propecia, perfectionism lead us taking that shit.
So, if i can kill two birds with one stone, pfs and previous ocd/anxiety problems, i’m going keto too.

1 Like

Uh, talking about fixing pre-pfs problems: before starting my regimen i had cavities, i had to go to the dentist, very often.
i can now even go to bed without brushing my teeth.

We’ve been lied all this time guys, and propecia somehow was beneficial in the mesaure that opened our eyes about the whole system.

And now let me this little off-topic which i open and close right here: we’ve been lied because of business, because of the law of the profit so, at the very end, going to the deep core of the problem, because of fucking capitalism. i was going to die because of capitalism. some pfs guys died because of capitalism. many people, pfs or non-pfs are suffering or going to die because of capitalism.
hope admins won’t censor this, they look like being very politically correct.

now let’s go back to pfs talking :slight_smile:

Not capitalism, just human nature.

1 Like

there are studies showing that darwin was wrong about competition too and that this early, not yet validated darwin’s point (competition is our nature and competition is the key for evolution) was soon adopted by the emergent capitalist class for it’s own justification.
In the same species there might be some competition indeed but first come collaboration, that’s what make one species thrive.
And yet, more and more genetists are recognizing that darwinism just didn’t say it all, there are missing infos. For example, you can succesfully apply darwinism to every wild animal but it would fail if applied to domesticated creatures like cows, pigs, cats and… homo sapiens. Why?

Btw, mine was intended to be a small digression, let’s keep focusing on pfs solutions and talk about other things somewhere else ore via pm. :slight_smile:

Hey Ozeph,

do you have the impression that certain herbs can push libido and erection quality temporarily while on the ketogenic diet? If so, which ones in your experience?

I would like to have something for a little boost for the time that the keto diet needs to work its healing magic… :slight_smile:

Horny Goat Weed works well for me. Then Tribulus Terrestris and Pine Pollen. For erections, I like to take L-Arginine 1000 mg an hour before. (all of those 4 works better on an empty stomach.)

To accelerate the presence of ketones in your body, you can take B-BHB salts, in pills of powders (pills have less additives) or B-BHB esters if you can afford them. Some people say B-BHB undo epigenetic damages. I don’t know if it addresses the damage specific to pfs.

1 Like

Did you experience any problems losing weight after taking BHB salts?

I lost 25% of my weight after going on a ketogenic diet. Only water and fat. I put on lots of muscle. But I’ve been on this diet for 13 months now, so BHB salts are not making a difference. But to tell the truth, I’m taking 11.5 gr of it which is way more than pills would give you (I take powder) and it’s only 20 calories. 1% of my daily intake.

The only benefits I see is if indeed BHB fixes epigenetic damages. I’m not saying it does but I’m testing it.

If you take bhb pills your body produces less of it. So I think there is no benefit of doing this, if you are on a ketogenic diet…

I can’t seem to find BHB powders that aren’t adulterated with other bs. Did you notice any improvements with your insomnia after taking the BHB?

Im not sure about this. I know if you take external ketones while trying to get in ketosis, it doesnt help as your body is not forced to produce it`s own.

It`s only 20 calories. But you might be right that 2 gr of fat will not be transformed into ketones and stored as fat instead.

No. Its too small an amount. But BHB may fix epigenetic damage so a little more may help. Im not sure.

I just learned that testosterone is going down on keto. Maybe CD nuts had a point with his carb backloading?