Please share results with a ketogenic or high fat intake diet

[quote=“Go_Faster_Sonic, post:18, topic:31951”]

Take vitamin B and biotin on empty stomach

why?

Ozeph:

pork chop

if i eat pork, i feel worse. dunnow why. i ate loin, specifically. and cured meat. i remember well the day i ate loin, i had an anxiety attack.

Ozeph:

100 gr cheese

another thing that maybe doesn’t work for me… when i wanted to get fat to fast, i ate full fat milk, and yogurt… i felt worse.

Ozeph:

reduction of estrogen which is an antagonist to progesterone. Progesterone converts into allopregnanolone (for those without pfs) and along with the 5ar, I’m trying to get those two neurosteroids back on track.

about this point… i’t’s months that i’m trying to figure out the progesterone enigma. at least for me is an enigma. We know that P -> DHP -> ALLO. But we also know that P is a 5-alpha inhibitor (maybe at huge quantities). So, is P good or bad for 5ar? I suppose that, basically, what P does is keeping the 5ar busy in converting P into DHP. @axolotl, i think that would be useful to have on this forum some expert physicians in dermatology, endocrinology etc. to shed some light on our doubts. what do you think?

Ozeph:

I would top it with a mix of feta cheese and olives

oh, i used to love feta. by the way, aprt form the pfs, i know for sure that eating cheese is very bad for our bones. the fact is that, yes, they’re rich of calcium but they also cause blood acidification and inflammation. to fix this problem our body needs calcium. and what is the biggest calcium source in the body? yes, bones.

Ozeph:

I will change my diet by removing the morning coffee and all dairy products.

what about butter and ghee?

Hi Go.

-Vitamin B absorbs better on an empty stomach.

-Pork is the hardest to digest. chicken and fish are the easiest. I don’t eat pork past 1pm and I don’t eat beef past 6pm.

-I would also feel bad with milk and yogurt. Way too much carbs. Cheese has 3 gr per 100 gr of cheese. So does 35% cream. I stick to those 2 dairies. Butter is negligeable in carbs and calcium, and Ghee has none of those.

oh, i used to love feta. by the way, aprt form the pfs, i know for sure that eating cheese is very bad for our bones. the fact is that, yes, they’re rich of calcium but they also cause blood acidification and inflammation. to fix this problem our body needs calcium. and what is the biggest calcium source in the body? yes, bones.

-From what I know, that comes from having too much calcium in proportion to magnesium. That’s why I don’t go heavy on dairies and I take more than 100% rdi of magnesium

-I won’t remove butter and ghee, and on second thought I won’t remove the little cheese and cream here and there. I might remove the coffee because insomnia is my main problem and caffeine stays 24 hours in the body.,

• Your division in a) b) and c) is a good rule of thumb, but it seems we’re all different and what works for one does not for another. I’m only sure of one thing: doing nothing changes nothing. Diet has worked for me, exercise makes me feel better, and I bet without pfs those two would have made me feel better anyway.
    Now I will try alteredlife amino acid method because it makes sense to me, it’s harmless and because why not ?
1 Like

I just found out 3 peanuts gives me anxiety. Nice. One more on the list of things that gives me anxiety !

Update:
I now take coconut oil 2 tbsp and 11000ui of vitamin D at lunch and I take half of RDI of magnesium in the afternoon (so I can urinate the extra) as well as a 0 carb protein shake that containd 6gr of glutamine, some Glycine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine as well as 8 gr. of BCAAs. All of those helps the insomnia, the brain fod, as well as the groin-brain connection. Plus its made to grow muscle and with the weight lifting Im doing, it does that well.
I decided to move the zinc at dinner, 50mg, as it is uneasy on the stomach unless you buy it in food state.
Before bed, I take coconut oil, 2 tbsp, 1 piece of 99% dark chocolate, some small qty of magnesium chloride and a small protein shake with just water and 2 scoops of powder. I still take sleeping pills.
Im juicing green stuff like cabbage, spinach, kale, celery, and I drink it both during the afternoon and before sleep. Cabbage seems to help with sleep. As a result, sleep has greatly improved. I wake 4-6 times, very drowsy and goes right back to sleep. Before, even with the sleeping pills, I would wake up after 3 hours, and then be in a dreaming zombie state where I would wake up 30-50 times with slight dreams in between and no rest at all. I still have the lack of pleasure and motivation, emotional dullness, but I havent received all the aminos I`m counting on testing on myself, which are as follow. Most of them are for the neurological symptoms and are revolving around the GABA (A) and Dopamine receptors, the creation of the calming neurosteroids and the decrease of cortisol.

Night:

Gaba (100mg-3gr) (can be too much. Try 100-250mg) Update: That made me worst. I stopped
Glycine (1000 mg) (2-3gr) Before Sleep Update: That’s good, but 1000 mg is enough
L-Theanine (200mg) at night or when stressed Update: Taken during the day is better
Glutamine (5-10 gr.) Before sleep Update: That’s good. It makes me sleepy for 1-2 hours
Tryptophan (500-1000mg) Before sleep , up to 3 X a day Update: That made me worst. I stopped
L-Arginine (1000mg) before sleep (for growth hormone) Update: It gives me boners during the night
Ornithine (1-5gr)Before sleep, Convert Amonia into citruline, create Nitric oxide for erections.Update: Same
Taurine (500mg) before sleep. Stimulate the GABA (A) receptor in absence of allopregnanolone. Update: That made me worst. I stopped

Day:
5-HTP (100mg) Twice a day. Update: Great, makes me calm and confident; assertive.
Tyrosine (500-) with 5-HTP. Update: Also good. Clears brain fog, help with concentration and focus.
DLPA (500-1000mg) Update: I take it in the daytime.Still testing it.
Pregnanolone (5 to 25mg) before exercise Update: I upped the dose to 400 mg, felt great for a while then started feeling bad. I slowly decreased to zero with withdrawal symptoms. I may start again at 10-25 mg
L-DOPA (350 mg) Stimulant, feels good, boost sex drive, Update: I take it in the daytime, morning and 3pm. This one puts me in a good mood.

I will work out more specific doses and timing, and post my results.

Hi all -

Just happened to pop back in search for “keto” as I picked up a keto diet after learning that such a diet has been used for treating seizure disorders - I do not have a seizure disorder, but primarily suffer from depression, anxiety and neurological-type symptoms.

I can say with confidence that my keto diet has been the first thing in my 7 years off finasteride that has had a strong correlation to a marked period of improvement. Am I cured? Absolutely not. However, after about 2 weeks on the diet I noticed periods of significantly better mood and less severe panic attacks. I also noticed certain somatic anxiety symptoms - vision issues, sweating palms, fluttering heart, etc. - have not been as pronounced during activities which typically trigger these symptoms.

I have been keto for about a month now, and given that I believe I am continuing to see improvements, I plan to maintain a ketogenic diet for the foreseeable future.

Best,

-7-

4 Likes

Did it help with libido or any sexual issues, if you have those?

Could you give us an example of what you eat on a normal day? I am going to try this soon.

I have been on a ketogenic/carnivore diet for almost 5 months. ALL symptoms are improving, including physical sexual ones. But the most impressive was the neurological ones, which disappeared within a week or two.

I also take at least one whey protein isolate shake (32 gr.) every day, sometimes twice. It adds up, but the ketogenic diet is by far the single, most efficient thing I’ve done to regain my health.

I’m fine tuning the rest with specific amino acids taken individually and I can say I’m more better than before I crashed (better than in the last 3 years and I crashed 7 months ago.)

I’m not cured, but I’m almost symptom free. Insomnia remains to some degree, but sleep quality is generally good enough to get me through the day without problem.

I posted this somewhere else but it is relevant to this thread so I will repost. Something happened to me 3 months ago which has both killed my libido completely and increased hair loss at the same time (and also increased acne). Libido has dropped from 15-20% to 5%. I am still trying to figure this out but the only change I did was I started eating a lot of eggs (and cheese) because I moved to a place that does not allow meat in the house. So I guess it is possible that my cholesterol has increased which may translate into higher Testosterone and DHT. Many people with PFS feel better with low DHT under conditions mimicking finasteride use. I guess I have to cut the eggs and see if there is an improvement in symptoms.

It’s the eggs. The chicken get fed with soy protein and it goes in their bodies. Chicken contains seven times more estrogen than soy fed beef or pork. The estrogen goes into the eggs as well and it’s type one estrogen, the most detrimental to men. Your hormones gets unbalanced by it, hence the acne, hair and sex drive loss.

Check this out, it will explain everything.

DON’T take Letrozol. It’s really bad for pfs and many have made themselves a lot worst with it.

I do eat eggs once in a while, but I eat organic free range duck eggs.

Ps: Vegans are such unhealthy ideologist freaks. plants have toxins to protect themselves.(cause they can’t run away from predators). Eating only plants is a good recipe for getting sick.

2 Likes

Thanks, man! I’ll look into it.

Here. Look at this second video about the damage of veganism.

I found a really great website explaining the ketogenic diet.

I’ve been on this for 6 days now and it’s definitely helping my neurological sides. Give it a go it’s really easy.

Hey there, guys on keto/paleo/high fat, any news? @Ozeph ?

I’ll just copy here what I PM to you.

I’m still on the diet, although I have some carbs once or twice a week. After more than 1 year on the diet, my body can easily switch back to burning fat and I never get carbs cravings or low blood sugar. I eat healthy no matter what.

I’m not regular at all at taking my supplements. I skip 50% of them with no effects. Sometimes, rarely, I’ll feel the need for 5-HTP, Tyrosine and L-Dopa but 80% of days I don’t take them.

I have no more neurological, physical or sexual symptoms. Even my dry lips and dry eyes are almost gone.

The only thing that remains is insomnia. I manage to sleep 6-7 hours a night without waking up but I need to take sleeping drugs and herbs to do that. Altogether, my life is pretty normal apart from the sleeping pills and the diet.

I’m in good shape, I have good focus, motivation and morale.

The supplements, the aminos, the vitamins and the experimental drugs didn’t do much. I attribute my 90% recovery to doing the ketogenic / carnivore diet early after the crash, before too much damage had time to settle in. Exercising did help too. I feel good and have lots of energy.

Again, I recommend this diet to everyone here. It’s not dangerous, it’s just discipline.

I drink bulletproof coffee in the morning (without sugar or sweetener but with coconut cream) and I have tenderloin beef with salt, fried in lots of ghee, along with some low carbs leafy green two times a day. Basically like carnivores also eat grass (like cats and dogs). Sometime I drink ghee, coconut cream and MCT oil in hot water with a bit of vanilla in the afternoon (put in a blender to mix fat and water). Great way to have extra calories without carbs or proteins.

You can google bulletproof coffee. It’s the american version of Tibetan yak butter tea. Great food.

1 Like

Thank you so much Ozpeh and congratulations!
I’ve been on my 70% raw food + 30% paleo diet for less than 1 year now and i had mixed results: i sleep without meds or supplements, no depression or suicidal ideation (though those sometime come back but with less intensity and duration), nails are getting thick again and some hair (not all of them) are dark again. Creativity is back. Sometimes i feel happy to stay alive. These were the big changes. Minor changes are in the anxiety/social phobia area: i have a little less anxiety than before but still here, i still cannot interact with people and in social events, this is debilitating. Still no change in the physical stuff, like in dry skin, lipoatrophy, etc.

My doctor says i do am in ketosis but i wonder how if i eat mainly raw fruit and vegs.I’m quiet skeptical.
How do you know you are in ketosis? Have you tried those strips that measure your ketosis state when put in urine?

So, after 1 here, i still have many road to walk and i was looking for a way to speed up the process.
A friend of mine just sent me some text form studies about ketosis which confirm my hypotesis that we need to upregulate detox pathways (ex. cyp3a4) and glutathione and ketosis do upregulate both!
I’ll share studies as soon as i’ll have them.

Now my questions
So, are you recovered? Or do you think/feel that ketogenic diet just allows you to manage symptoms? What happens if you eat carbs?

If you had any physical changes, did those reverse?

Do you eat all organic? Do you think is important?

1 Like

I cut out all eggs, i reacted super bad to them. They contain a high amount of choline, which is a methyl donor. When ur genes are silenced, not a good idea.

2 Likes

Congratulation on your improvements ! I would say you’re almost there. Your anxiety/social phobia are symptoms of low GABA and low Serotonin in my opinion, something common among us. A ketogenic diet would lower Glutamate and get your GABA higher. It would result in less anxiety and more self confidence.

Sources: https://www.jacobsladdercenter.com/doc/research/other/How-to-Increase-GABA-and-Balance-Glutamate.pdf
Citation: ''A ketogenic diet has been found to favor GABA production and be exceptionally beneficial in
the treatment of many conditions associated with excess glutamate like seizures and epilepsy. A
ketogenic diet increases the GAD enzyme and neurons can use ketones produced from ketosis as
a precursor to GABA. Additionally, glutamate can be turned into GABA or aspartate. Aspartate
is also an excitotoxin in excess, with similar effects as elevated glutamate. A ketogenic diet
encourages glutamate to become GABA, rather than aspartate. Therefore, following a low-carb
keto/ Paleo diet would be the ideal diet for maintaining balance between gammaaminobutyric acid and glutamate. ‘’

So there’s a lots of questions in you post. I’ll try my best to answer them all.

First, you can’t be in ketosis if you eat fruits. Fruits are actually quite bad and similar to bread and sugar, A banana has the same carbs load as a can of Coke.

More here: https://youtu.be/L6LL92Zs5L0

The easiest way to know you’re in ketosis is that water starts tasting sweet, as if sugar had been added to it. You can also do blood tests or urine tests but I don’t bother (well I did once and I was in ketosis. But I’m not obsessing about it). If I eat zero carbs for three days, I know I’m in ketosis. I would achieve that by eating no veggies at all. Only black coffee, saturated fat, meat and salt. Lots of fat: more than protein.
I never eat fruits by the way. Leafy greens are 10 times healthier.

I don’t think I’m recovered because I still have problem sleeping and it’s the same kind of disrupted sleep as all pfs sufferers. I probably recovered many aspects of my initial pfs symptoms and I do think it will be permanent. Sleep is sloooooowly improving. I think eventually I’ll recover but I can only keep my fingers crossed. It may take years.

If I eat lots of carbs, I get headaches and stomach burns like I did since I was 25. That’s pre-fin by the way. Sometimes carbs will give me slight anxiety that doesn’t last but it’s no big deal. I’ve gone on trips where I would eat carbs moderately everyday, but still lean toward saturated fat and meat, and nothing would happen. Sleep do deteriorate and I have to increase meds to compensate.

I think the ketogenic diet is speeding up the healing process of not just pfs, but so many other things. I had dark spots on my face due to a heavy sunburn I had 30 years ago. No doctors or medications would do anything about it but the diet just made them fade away. My skin is clear and the spots are 80% gone.
No more joint pain, bloating, stomach problem, anxiety (I’ve been an anxious kinda guy since I was a kid). To me, it’s truly an amazing diet. It does so many things that I would appear crazy if I was to list them all.
I really don’t want to go back to what I was eating before.

Physical changes that reversed: dry burning lips, dry burning eyes, my balls were hurting everyday for 2 years: it’s gone, spontaneous erections came back, thick semen came back, body odor came back.
How far should I go ? when I was 25, I was thin and healthy. Approaching 50, I grew a fat belly and started to have all kind of health issues. It all reverted. I have an eight pack, not a six pack ! I have the same body I did at 25 and I’m 51 !

Getting pfs and doing this diet ended up putting me in a better situation than I have been for decades ! I have no regrets.

As for organic food, well, I’m in Thailand and the sticker means nothing. Organic is just a scam to charge higher prices here. But yes, if I could afford it and be sure it’s true I would do it. Meanwhile, I wash my leafy greens with water and baking soda. It removes most of the chemicals. I will point out that although there are chemicals in meat, you’ll find the most on veggies and fruits. Worst of all is pre-made food from the food industry. They have a huge list of chemical shit they put everywhere. It’s best to avoid any of those chemicals. If it kills insects and fungus, it certainly does not boost your body.

I think eating the right kind of food is more important than the food being organic or not, but if you do both I guess it can only be better. But don’t forget: what is good for normal people can be bad for us: cocoa or collagen for example. Best to avoid those.

2 Likes

I noticed the same about even minimally processed food, such as canned tuna, which is supposed to be just tuna in a can… no! anxiety skyrockets!
I wouldn’t say i’m almost there, my anxiety is debilitating and i have fear of everything… i feel i’m at 1/3 of the road and i want my life back, gotta go fast.
this is the study i talked about: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5981249/

Thank you anyway for sharing your story, i guess i’ll talk to you again via pm for any detail i might need.
After 1 year reading studies and forums i feel tired, i guess i need a pause and to come back in the struggle later.

@jamielondon, @BrongFogBoy, @Andrew35, any news?

1 Like

Since hitting my head in the bath my symptoms have worsened and I have crashed about 8 times. I am eating a gluten free diet. I am glad you are improving and sticking with it.

1 Like

Sorry you are in a bad place mate. Hope you get back on tracks soon!

2 Likes

Mmm im on low carbs, high fat, high protein and my stomach feels much better and cognition is probably slightly better. I might feel energyless sometimes but overall i feel a ton better