Please help (ketoconazol)

So I have this skin fungal infection on my neck and my back called Tinea versicolor, resulting in skin discoloration patches, and the dermatologist prescribed for me Ketoconazole shampoo which is a very known anti-androgenic anti-fungal shampoo, and I’m worried about the possibility that it would make my symptoms worse and at the same time I have to get rid of this infection because it’s embarrassing and it’s causing me a social anxiety

Any suggestions?

It’s up to you what do you prefer, taking the risks of worsening your symptoms or having fungi in your skin.
I would honestly don’t even think twice, it’s not worth it IMO, but you do you.
Do you really think it’s a safe gamble? You could loose much for too little.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there is other anti-fungals that are safer than Ketoconazole. Maybe she can prescribe one of those?

3 Likes

Look into other anti fungals, this stuff is poison and there is a good reason the oral version was taken off the market, It absolutely messed me up, you can read my member story

2 Likes

What about Shampoos that contains selenium sulfide, do you know if it has any anti androgenic component in it ?

What anti fungal treatments are there that are safe for pfs patients?

1 Like

DON’T. It’s not worth it!

1 Like

Hello brother, I appreciate you asking about my situation, actually I haven’t done anything in regards to my fungus infection, I’m feeling a little bit low after Ramadan because my libido went down, I’m trying to get back to fasting again but not eating or drinking the whole day requires a lot of motivation, which is hard with this devastating diseases, feels like this life is gonna be a very hard journey for me, and this depression is only making things worse

Anyway, about your question, the infection was there before Ramadan and it’s spreading with the same rate before and during Ramadan, also it has nothing to do with PFS, I had it twice in my life at the same area, and ketoconazol treated it for me, but this time I’m afraid to use it

1 Like

If it was me, I’d be looking at alternate anti fungal treatments and trying to find out if any of them aren’t anti androgenic.

No brother I’ve never experienced any sexual side effects before finasteride, or even any significant health problem, all came up after my one and only dose of this poison

1 Like

I used Ketoconazol shampoo during my PFS times, and it didn’t worsen my symptoms. I doubt a shampoo would do much harm, or at least it didn’t in my case. I recovered.

Only one dose of my toxin of choice profoundly changed my life as well. Every day of my life I regret it.

On a better note, I did not eat anything at all yesterday and did not eat or drink anything at all today.

2 Likes

There’s actually a famous Youtuber his name is Connor Murphy, he said that he suffered from finasteride side effects for 2 years and he’s back to normal, he did a 40 days water fast which is insane :joy:, but I don’t know whether fasting contributed to his recovery or not

2 Likes

40 Days is a stretch and doesn’t seem safe at all, I can go 7 days max and even that has its risks. I’ve fasted in the past since getting this condition with some minor improvements but they always go away shortly after

1 Like

Feel free to do what you like, I am not trying to tell anyone what to do.

Fasting has been talked about around here since the beginning of the forum, I think. For years. It has not been something that reliably helps people. I’m not denying anyone’s experience, but I wonder if people who say the feel better after a fast feel better because their body has been screaming for food and it’s finally been given it.

As with most of the things that people have been talking about for years around here, if taking vitamins, going to the gym and fasting for x number of days was the answer, we’d all be cured.

I have been posting here for a few years and feel that the longer the Community spends time talking about things that cannot be proven and do not have a reliable track record, the longer we spend not focusing on getting real research into a treatment that works for everyone.

1 Like

Cancer, dementia, parkinsons, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, and etc have no “treatment that works for everyone” every time. Some get worse; others stay the same; others improve to various extents.

I have bills, debts, taxes, insurances, repairs/maintenance, projects, leisure, family, along with other responsibilities and dues to pay. A 10% recurring tithe would be financial chaos for me. Most people would probably be embarrassed to admit financial hardship, which I sort of am, but I’m going to be a voice for those of us. I hope those of us are not looked down upon.

2 Likes

Pretending like posts like this that present your approach as pragmatic are benign and not entirely detrimental and damaging to progress is infuriating to me.

It gives people false hope and plants this stupid irrational idea in their head that if they just do x thing, they will be fine, or get to a state that’s manageable.

I’ve had fluctuations in my ~5 years with this condition, even having points where I sustained improvement for months and thought if this continued to improve at that rate, in a years time, I’d just need some therapy to work through this traumatic experience and I would be in a good place. At that stage in my life, I was smoking tobacco a couple of times a day, going to university, and eating junk every day. I felt better than I had in years.

Last year I worked out >5 times a week, didn’t smoke, ate a relatively clean diet, and continued my university program. Felt miserable many days. Quit working out. Still felt miserable too many days. Went back to eating junk. Still felt miserable too many days. Started smoking again. Still felt miserable too many days. Did everything I could to replicate the environment I was in when I felt great. Still felt miserable too many days.

To pretend that this condition gives you much agency with regards to the state of your health is arrogant, and undermines its seriousness. It is brutal, random, and ugly. I have been dealing with this since I was 18, and I am growing tired of grown ass men not having the balls to acknowledge the truth I was able to as a child. You are at the mercy of this condition, and unless you are incredibly fortunate, the only way out is long, exhausting, and the road that nobody wants to fucking travel.

7 Likes