Plasmapheresis?

Couldn’t find anything on this topic on the forum. I do not want to claim that finasteride is still inside us, this is very unlikely but possible if we have some problems with CYP450 or some other liver ferments. In addition, even if all amount of finasteride is metabolized, its metabolites can still be active and poison our lives - not enough to inhibit DHT, but enough to shut down allopregnanolone synthesis in the brain. So has anyone tried plasmapheresis or other cleaning methods?

i wonder too anyone try ?

ZRT lab has a Saliva steroid LCMS test that includes testing for active levels of finasteride in your system. It can’t check for finasteride’s metabolites though

I had this test done because it includes more things then just finasteride. I never took finasteride so obviously I knew there was a zero perfect chance that the test found finasteride in my system. It seems like a very unlikely possibility but I look at it like it can’t hurt ruling it out

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Russia and I use google translate. Recently I spoke with a good endocrinologist. He told about my problem, describing all my symptoms, mainly complaints about libido. I hoped that he would take up my treatment or advise something. But since he has no experience in treating our problem, he only advised to try plasmapheresis. He told one case from his practice. Once a guy, a bodybuilder, approached him, he took steroids for a long time. And thus he spoiled his androgenic hormones, he had very low levels of testosterone, FSH, LH. She and the doctor tried to get everything back to normal with different pills, including clomid, tamoxifen, but nothing was fighting. As a result, this guy went through several plasmapheresis procedures. And lo and behold, hormone levels are back to normal. I do not really believe that this procedure will help to improve libido. But, perhaps, at least some improvement will be, it may affect the levels of hormones. I want to try it, but so far there is no money for it. The procedure must be done three times, but it costs a lot. In time, I think I will

1 Like