Piroctone Olamine safety

Hey, guys, this question might be stupid, but is Piroctone Olamine safe for us PFS sufferers? I’m washing my hair with a shampoo that contains PO because I have Seb. Dermatitis and that’s the only shampoo that doesn’t give me itching and flaking. I heard PO is better than ketoconazole in terms of hair growth which seems to be antiandrogen. After getting PFS from ketoconazole + saw palmetto, I’m literally scared to take any supplement to not make my condition even worse and end my terrible life.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum

A quick google of “Piroctone Olamine antiandrogen” doesn’t turn up much. I always err on the side of caution with these things. Unless several PFS patients of varying severity have all used a previously unknown variable with no negative ramifications, I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

You say you crashed from ketoconazole and saw palmetto; would you mind making a “members story” thread so we can know a little bit more about what has happened to you?

1 Like

From this toxicology report, first result when googling ‘piroctone olamine endocrine’:

Endocrine Activity (E) Score (H, M, or L): DG
Piroctone olamine was assigned a score of Data Gap for endocrine activity based on a lack of data for
this endpoint

 Authoritative and Screening Lists
o Authoritative: not on any authoritative lists
o Screening: not on any screening lists
 Not listed as a potential endocrine disruptor on the EU Priority List of Suspected Endocrine
Disruptors.
 Not listed as a potential endocrine disruptor on the OSPAR List of Chemicals of Possible
 No data were identified.

Thanks guys, I’ll write my story soon, kinda busy and depressed as hell