PFS Video - Unedited Content

Hey guys,

I’m in the process of having a video edited about my personal experiences with PFS, but most importantly it’s about spreading awareness of this condition. I believe many well edited and personable videos can truly make an impact on spreading awareness about this condition. To some extent, we are all family here, bound by this common nightmare we all share. I wanted to share the current unedited videos of me talking about PFS. It was a lot harder to do this than I originally planned lol, mostly due to structuring it and following the outline of questions/information. Anyways, feel free to leave some feedback.

16 Likes

Also, I’m having this edited by a close friend who is very good at polishing up videos and making it look very professional. So any hiccups and pauses will certainly be edited out.

3 Likes

Great job man. Give you a lot of credit for doing this. The skin issue you have looks almost like EDS - a connective tissue disorder.

FYI I have the same issue w horrific pain when sitting due to loss of muscle / dysfunction of muscle there. Lot of pain in sacrum and coccyx.

Bro - like you’re just sitting on your bones, and the muscle is offline and dead, not doing it’s job at stabilizing your pelvis and tissues while you’re sitting? That’s exactly how mine is.

1 Like

You describe it even better than I do. That’s exactly it.

1 Like

Do you have this in other areas of your body? like your muscles are just dead inside of your skin? Any success with exercise or lifting weights?

I will just PM you actually as to not spam this thread.

Great Job man, I think if you could cut this video down to maybe 5 minutes and mash it altogether it would be very neat then upload to youtube. While there are those who are suffering and sit in silence which only further allows these disgusting animals to keep selling this drug, there are those making a difference like yourself we all need to stand up for ourselves this is the equivalent to being bullied and someone torturing you systematically every day of your life and getting away with it, I mean you only took one pill Jesus Christ man it’s very disheartening you talking about your career too I just hope you get better, I really do.

I’m only in the midst of making a video, I want my video to convey a strong emotional response getting to see me at my very worst, I don’t care what people think of me anymore. I get that sore feeling in my pelvis when sitting too it’s very uncomfortable.

4 Likes

If there’s no risk of you getting fired from your job or released from school for making the video, then I don’t see a valid reason not to do it. Only if repercussions from the video would cause you additional hardship, I would understand.

In my personal opinion, what your girlfriend or close friends/family would think or you being uncomfortable with recording it & seeing yourself on camera is not a valid reason to refrain from making the video. This is called being selfish and putting your own comfort in front of spreading awareness for a cause.

5 Likes

I don’t care about repercussions at this rate that’s being honest with you, if people don’t like it they don’t have to watch. If people put as as half as much awareness into this disease as they did with sitting on here behind a keyboard doing nothing without an ounce of effort to help this cause then they can expect the situation to never change. I mean it’s even hard to get some to do a standard survey. Change starts with every man on this forum!

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this, i feel less alone in my situation when i see youre video

3 Likes

@CuteCandyCane

If you have a spare 10 minutes, please take a look at the unedited footage of my PFS video. Seeing a face behind it hits closer to home than reading a bunch of forum posts.

Trash the pills man. Seek professional help with problems you’re facing.

2 Likes

I watched the whole video. Thank you for sharing. Very eye-opening, well how the heck can i avoid browsing propecia help and hailoss fourms/reddit? I always tell myself no but end up doing so…ill try to limit myself…:stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve created an obsession and compulsion about your hair, convinced yourself there is a critical problem and you oscillate back-and-forth about ways to fix the problem. You see the hairloss boards and the Propecia as a means of fixing the problem. You have to identify this and fix it. I know this all too well because I’m the exact same. I’m not a psychiatrist by any means lol. I believe many of us are very similar in certain aspects, and there’s a common denominator which makes us predisposed to getting PFS. I think we can acknowledge this by many men simply shaving their head when they start to see thinning. Hell, it appears that some guys don’t even notice or care, much less seek out a pharmaceutical remedy. When I get something in my brain, I tend to obsess over it and let it torture me. The most ridiculous example I have is with how my shoes fit. Man, my shoes have to fit absolutely perfect. On a few occasions, I’ve taken a pair of shoes back to the store 3 different times to try it in different, half-size increments. Once something is right, I can set it and forget it. But if it’s not right, it will haunt and torture me. This is just one red flag of having an already unstable system. Introduce an endrocrine disruptor and it’s comparable to giving an already-teetering stack of dominos a good shove.

2 Likes

Thank you for making this video @Dknighten, it is powerful testimony to what has happened to you and emotionally stirring. I hope you leave the moments in where you pause as if about to cry, they are very impactful. I wonder; do you have video of yourself prior to developing PFS where you’re at the gym displaying your athleticism? Or being generally happy/bouncy/vivacious/social? I think layering this footage (muted) over a section from this video where you’re talking about your condition could be highly effective in showing “neutral” observers not just the after but the before of PFS. More difficult to dismiss somebody as “crazy” or having prior problems when the distinction between the before and after of PFS is so obvious.

3 Likes

@Tzinkman Unfortunately, I’ve never been the type to take many pictures, but the ones I do have will be included in the video.

1 Like

Haha, I know that feeling. Considering the personal damage i’ve experienced I wish I’d been a bit more lascivious in my happier days before this garbage drug so I’d have some comparative photography.

Just wanted to say again thank you so much for this bravery @dknighten. We need to make progress on several fronts at once, and this new initiative - for which you’ve really stepped up to the mark - is as important as anything else going on. We’re all very grateful on the team and I’m positive other users will be. And, on a personal note, it was very nice to speak to you the other day. You still look great and make a fine impression as a great chap, so at least there’s that!

5 Likes

Btw Has the PFS foundation tried to contact Netflix and to ask if they would make a documentary about this disasterous drug?..Netflix is known to make very controversial documentaries and im sure the foundation has a lot of contacts to families who lost their dear ones, and would do anything to make it to the public…I guess that would be the way to go, if we are looking to put the criminals in Merck and FDA under the Lupe for allowing such drug be prescribed for young males…

2 Likes