PFS user & DHT blocker shampoo

me as a PFS sufferer wants to know if I can use a shampoo that has saw palmetto(DHT blocker) ingrediënts in it? its only to the scalp so its not effecting the endocrine (hormones), right?

The name of the shampoo is Regenepure DR or NT.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Alfap0wer1

That’s what i thought and ended up crashed … I have pfs because of shampoo, not because of finasteride from which i had recovered…

so how did you recovered ? only stop using that shampoo? I want other people to hear their experiences or opinions that had PFS from finasteride like me.

i crashed on regenpure and saw palmetto

I used nizoral shampoo and it made made me way worse. Stay away.

i tried for one week a shampoo called: Revita Shampoo. it has 0,25 ketaconazol and as a DHT inhibitor Caffeine. It’s a mild shampoo.

Why i want to use it, is because i have eczeme or something like that. After i quit Fina, my scalp has changed, itchy and the skin is not healthy, my hair is thinning out because of the scalp that is not healthy. you don’t see anything from the eye. But it feels different ‘painfull’ slightly swollen if you press your scalp with the top of your fingers. I think something with my sebum production is inbalance or it makes to much dead skincells. it seems like the hairfollicals are clogged. scalp does not feel smooth. sometimes i feel grains when i go with my nails over my scalp.
it is on the whole scalp and crown. one thing is for sure, my hair is thinning out because of the bad scalp. or maybe the stresshormones that is attacking it?

After a week use of Revita Shampoo i noticed a better connection with my penis and the brain, it triggers easy to an mild erection, morning erections are improved too. The only bad thing i noticed is my heart beat when i lay in bed is higher, i feel like tense and nervous. So to get in sleep is more difficult and i got more wild dreams and often wake ups at midnights.

I have recovered from finasteride in a couple of days- everything came back normal with no problem at all, after stopping fin usage. Actually, the fact that i have recovered from fin so easy led me to believe there would be no problems with 5ar-inhibiting shampoo … But i couldn’t be more wrong.

i am still using Revita shampoo and added the conditioner Revita COR, this also has DHT inhibitor in a ‘natural’ way. No saw palmetto.

my scalp is in a much better shape now, no hair fallout etc. so thats good.

The boost in erections, especially ‘brain to penis link’ I earlier experienced after using this shampoo is gone. So i am back to the old PFS state again with a bit better improvement in morning erections.

maybe it is the auto immuunsystem that if something changes, you can bennefit it for a short period of time, 1 or 2 days and then it reset itself to the PFS ‘profile’ again. IMO.

and i think that we as PFS sufferers have gut issues aswel.

@johnny5ar did you recover at all after your crash with the shampoo? Did you use regenepure DR???

I’ve been using nizoral shampoo the entire time I have pfs and it doesn’t affect my symptoms. We’re all different though so you can never know

Man please don’t use it you can definitely make your situation much worse. I’m telling you this because I care about your well being. Keeping hair isn’t worth it man, you might have sides creeping up on you slowly with this stuff it’s best to be avoided.

1 Like

I appreciate the concern for sure brother but I’ve had pfs for 7 years now, and pretty stable now. I’m not sure stopping the nizoral would change anything as I’ve also stopped using it for weeks or months at a time with no changes. But I’m sure the much more severe cases here would probably be affected by the shampoo