PFS & Small Fiber Neuropathy

I had Quantative Sensory Testing (tests small nerve fibers) on my lower body (penis, thighs, etc.) through Dr. Goldstein and I have small fiber neuropathy. And the nerves in my penis are responding 2.5 times slower than normal. The skin over my entire body is numb but especially on my penis. I have PSSD btw.

1 Like

Hello,

I am a 41 year old male in the UK. I have Sicca Syndrome but was told I don’t have Sjogren’s. Inflammation was detected. This has now developed into a terrible small fibre neuropathy. Mine isn’t a loss of sensation but if crippling parasthesia, prickling, stabbing, and terrible sunburn like feeling. It has ruined my life, I lost my future with my Spanish girlfriend.

I am desperate and need help. I took finisteride for a year in small doses ending in 2017.

Can you help me?

Johnny.

3 Likes

You got better?

Is there any hope to cure this ? As far as i know if nerves dies then, that’s it, no coming back…

1 Like

You have it too?

I got the sunburn feeling on my legs, it comes and goes, it depends on the foods I eat and other factors I guess.

I hope I do not. I am really scared. I hope that my sensitivity loss is brain related processing problem :(. Yet I did have extreme Itchiness only in night time I managed it with anti-histamines for +25 years. But miraculously my search for pfs treatment cured that problem.
Along with my back/neck pains.

Man, I am terrified about your neuropathy please let us know about what doctors are offering for cure or treatment.
Ask them if it is reversible or not. :frowning:

Doctors don’t have a clue sorry. They are useless.

The truth is I will lose the only thing I have left soon; my job. All because of this. I wish I could go back to before I took it.

Hope you could settle down soon so you will be able to work. I know it is hard, dunno how nad is you condition compared to mine but I have never stopped working even in my worse months, with joint pain, huge pain in my legs, like I have a flu and acid in my muscles. I know it is not easy, but you might have to push yourself to work, thats what I am doing now. The good thing is I got good job now, before I was working as a Chef, was doing 15 hours shifts, barely walking, what a nightmare!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I work in Adult Social Care and my job is now too demanding with the pain and chronic fatigue. I can’t look after myself let alone others.

2 Likes

I know man, it is really hard, life is not easy anymore like it used to be! Hope you will get better and not lose your job!

1 Like

Yah, still got some nerve issues, but it’s mostly recovered.

1 Like

How?

Evidence of small-fiber neuropathy (SFN) in two patients with unexplained genital sensory loss and sensory urinary cystopathy. 2017

In both men, microscopic examination of PGP9.5-immunolabeled thick sections from a standard 3 mm punch skin biopsy to a depth of 2 mm (Fig. 1) from the distal leg (10 cm above the lateral malleolus) showed 148 and 117 neurites/mm2, corresponding to the 2nd and <1st percentile of expected values for individuals matched by age, sex and race for Case 1 and Case 2 respectively. Case 1 additionally had punch skin biopsy of the thigh (20 cm distal to the anterior superior iliac spine), which showed 68 neurites/mm2, for which there is no available normative data, though clearly abnormal as it is shows less epidermal nerve-fiber density than the distal leg, thus supporting the diagnosis of a non-length dependent small-fiber neuropathy.

1 Like

sorry if I’m not very able to find information on the forum.
I would like to know: what tests have they done with those with PFS who have seen peripheral neuropathy (especially genital)?
did anyone have a skin biopsy in particular? in some studies, has a skin biopsy been performed on multiple patients with PFS?
which study reports the reference data used for comparison?

2 Likes

How?

I lost my job.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that man!

“I believe in this department i was one of the most severe cases reported” - But i prevailed :slight_smile: feelsgd. Nerves don’t die by taking Fin… My autonomic, motor and sensory nerves were fried, but gradually and extremely slowly recovered day by day, it’s been 10 months since i took finasteride, and they’re nearly back to normal, apart from fingers/toes twitching involuntarily sometimes. I can’t tell you what exactly has helped me, i get a slight relapse by consuming anything with gluten though - I had this extremely odd buzzing and pressure in my occipital lobe, which reminds me… After taking finasteride, that was the first place in my body that went numb, along with my genitals, then my prostate->body. During my recovery, my occipital lobe was always pressurized and the pressure made me feel like i had some sort of amnesia, i’d say i have 5-10% of that pressure still, but hey, every day is better, and i’ll take that anytime… I used to be like you guys, thinking finasteride could induce permanent ED, permanent brainfog, MS, but chill guys, finasteride is obviously a pretty fucked up medication, but it’s not irrevocable. Figure out your body, and what makes you feel better/worse, and don’t experiment with fucked up shit that could worsen the situation, we’re already consuming industrial/processed cancer everyday that we aren’t biologically adapt to.

1 Like