PFS (Since 2010-2011), Currently Taking 50mg Clomid 3x/Week

Well guys, I can officially say that the Scally restart protocol was a failure. I started feeling a little week/lethargic again about 3 weeks ago, so I figured I would get my blood work checked to see what was going on. Just TT and FT were tested:

Total: 283 [range was 240-950]
Free: 5.7 [range not provided, but doc said it was low)

This was an afternoon draw, but still not good.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the higher dose of Clomid/Nolva really made a difference in how I felt. The paleo/slow-carb diet has also helped. This time, the “crash” didn’t feel nearly as severe as before…probably because I am much healthier overall.

But since taking 100mg/day of Clomid long-term is neither safe nor practical, I told my doc to just put me back on 50mg/day for a month to get my levels back up high again and then I’ll drop it to EOD for maintenance.

So at this point I am considering cycling pro-hormones at some point, but need to do some research first…

1 Like

How have you been Renegade? Did you recover now that nearly 8 years have passed?

Has anyone else recovered?

1 Like

I am much better than I was 8 years ago. I have more good days than bad, and that mostly depends on how I eat and sleep. Trt, Wellbutrin, and Proviron also improved my baseline, but I’m not currently on any of that due to their impact on fertility.

1 Like

friend,when did your brainfog recover?

1 Like

So glad to hear that, Renegade.

Would you mind if I ask, in percentage terms, how would you rate your mental and sexual side effects, and how long did it take you to improve?

I just took Clomid 50mg twice as prescribed by my doctor (suffering PFS for 1 year) but felt that debilitating crash after a few days which I haven’t experienced when I quit Finasteride.

Will things get better by itself?

1 Like

Nothing has fully recovered. Maybe 50% improvement with fatigue and brain fog, which always team up together. That baseline improvement came during/after taking an 8-week cycle of high-dose Proviron only a couple years back.

Sexual sides are in the form of low sex drive, which improves only when I’m on TRT, especially paired with Wellbutrin. SJW also helped after I stupidly took an SSRI and lost sensitivity for a while.

Yeah, Clomid makes me feel like shit too…even though it makes my T levels look good on paper. It increases SHBG too much, so Free T remains on the lower side.

3 Likes