PFS recovery is “not impossible. “ In June 2017 I fully recovered (except sleep) - Anonymous1968's post-PFS journal

Is this one shown to increase neurogenisis? Do you have a study showing this for bupropion specifically?

Yep. I’d considered using heavy antidepressants as well, since they alter the chemicals in the brain and with a little luck might actually fix PFS. I decided not to because it’s also possible to make things worse.

That’s the game we play with everything isn’t it?

Did you mean to tag me bruv?

Oh gosh, please be careful with ad’s guys. I guess our endo system is really vulnerable for things that fuck with it.

There have been a couple members flag the opening post for being spam.

While the OP may have posted some content that could be easily construed as spam in the past, he has posted nothing in this particular topic that indicates he is trying to financially incentivise his content on behalf of himself or any other party.

The “TIPS” section of his post has been edited to prevent conveying his supposed methods of recovery as recommendations. The recommendation to take “boatloads of antidepressants” is especially alarming considering the number of people who have been left with a PFS-like condition after, sometimes very small, amounts of certain antidepressants.

@anonymous1968

This makes it sound as if you started recovering while you were still taking finasteride. Surely you meant 2015?

Are you being serious?

4 Likes

Also apparently OP believes that only a boatload will do. One brand seemingly isnt enough, or normal doses. It has to be a boadload of antidepressants.

2 Likes

Bupropion or Wellbutrin are different type of antidepressant, I toke it before for only 8 weeks late in 2016 and help a lot, probably the reason that I am feeling better today, in fat I already ask to my doctor for a new prescription.

So he is not so crazy for what he said, it is just a matter of evaluate the antidepressant before to take it ( and yes most of the antidepressant cause loss of libido and I do not recommend to take any of that classes)

I can vouch for Wellbutrin. higher libido and better mood since i started about 10 mths ago

2 Likes

I just started Wellbutrin but I had a question on dosing. My doctor said to take the 100mg sr once a day but from what I’m reading it’s meant to be twice a day? What dose did y’all take?

1 Like

150mg XL once per day. Took 300 mg but got tinnitus so lowered it

Curious about this–how long did it take to start helping?

Any issues with premature or delayed ejaculation, before or after starting it?

It is hard to say because the medication builds in the system and starts working gradually, but I probably noticed some improvement from suicidal thoughts and horrible anhedonia after 1-2 months.

I have problems with premature ejaculation and often can’t even get fully hard before ejaculating, but it’s hit or miss. Huge improvements in ejaculatory anhedonia and ejaculate force over the last year or so though

I’d be ok with a little PE at this point, haha. I’ve had the opposite problem so it takes forever a lot of times, gets really frustrating… it isn’t as awesome as it sounds after 45 minutes of going at it and both of you are sore and you’re exhausted. Makes it nearly impossible to be quick/spontaneous about it too.

Good to hear something is helping in your case

Genital sensitivity is really my only issue, I may be slightly more depressed than “normal” for me, but nothing close to a lot of folks

1 Like

If you’re considering an AD I would say this is the one to ask your doctor about. It’s by no means a cure but I’ve noticed while on it that I’m able to laugh more and live in the moment and feel less like a hopeless zombie

Which should I try? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

1 Like

It’s the same drug

2 Likes

Trying antidepressants is nothing new though. Loads of PFS-sufferers already did so. We are running in circles here.

Yeah I don’t think it will really help with any of our symptoms other than depression

1 Like

some tips for sleep… try buying organic kale frozen, boil it in a glass pot for max boil for around 5 min, take the liquid and put into a cup, it contains a lot of magnesium and other trace minerals for relaxation. also, try purchasing from gelatin from the store, you can mix it into the liquid that you poured from the glass pot, this will put you to sleep. don’t use a steel pot or other material, buy a glass pot on amazon. also, look into a weighted blanket, they are around $100 on amazon but it helps put you into a deeper sleep look online to see what weight you should get, i think it is 15% of your body weight, don’t go overboard the percentage will work. if you do all of that plus do sleepy time tea, i guarantee you will be able to sleep. oh yeah last, check your vit D level, rub vit D liquid into your skin along with vit A and vit K, your body absorbs around 10% of what you rub in, you want around 10k IU at a time during the day. D is important for using magnesium… relaxation. last, if you cannot sleep from all that, drop sugar for the day and do all of the above and you will sleep.