PFS predisposition

So I’d like to see if there’s a commonality here

1.) Were you depressed before starting Finasteride
2.) Were you hypersexual?
3.) How strong were you, did you have high Testosterone levels?
4.) Were you stressed before taking Finasteride?

Were you depressed before starting Finasteride

Yes, I was actually depressed around that time period from the stress from work and part-time studies and a host of other things

Were you hypersexual
Yes, I was hypersexual had the highest libido going which dictated my life

How strong were you, did you have high Testosterone levels?
Strong, definitely above average don’t know my exact T as I never got it checked before this but I could do 200 push ups and bench over 100kg constantly in the gym either doing cardio or full body weight training

Were you stressed before taking Finasteride?
Yes, absolutely I think around that time period I was way more stressed than usual

1 Like

How is your gym work now ? Benching has helped me a lot , it pretty much helped me knock out the one sided gyno I had forming in the last few months of finasteride Use. Was that 200 push ups in sets of 20 or something ?

1.) Were you depressed before starting Finasteride (Saw Palmetto)

No

Yes, crazy high libido

Not sure

4.) Were you stressed before taking Finasteride (saw palmetto)

I was stressed dealing with OCD / BDD

1 Like

No, I could do 200 push ups without stopping, I was big into sports would play football on Friday nights and go to MMA on the Monday’s and sometimes Wednesdays. I have also completely lost my strength the muscles have turned to sponge. Have also noticed a sharp reduction in heart muscle being able to pump blood efficiently around the body, I believe PFS affects any organ that essentially has a muscle causing atrophy.

Yes. I’ve been clinically depressed from time to time, also suffering from episodes of health anxiety with weird symptoms I’ve had. I was eventually able to get over the depression on my own without any medication

I wasn’t sexually active until recently. However, I used to masturbate very often. In fact, I would classify it as excessive. So Yes.

I would say No. I never had my T measured until recently. But I wouldn’t say a had a natural disposition to be super strong. In fact I would suspect I’d be on the lower of the T spectrum/ or higher on the E spectrum.

No. I wouldn’t say excessively.

Not even close. Happy as hell, tons of dopamine.

Yes but not extremely - definitely high libido and high sexual function. I’d say a very healthy, strong libido and sexual functioning.

Top of range Testosterone (natural) and worked out 4-5 days a week constantly

Nope

nope generally a pretty happy person. Life was actually better than usual everything was going well. Although there is mental illness in my family and i have adhd so some kind of brain abnormality going on.

Yes definitely

High, could always put on muscle easy. Did not have it measured before finasteride but my T is in the mid 700s so seems normal. I don’t know if this has changed much (haven’t noticed muscle wasting).

Stressed in the sense it was my birthday weekend so I took MDMA and lots of drinking. I really believe this contributed to how i’ve ended up.

Not stressed or depressed prior and was fit super strong with a very high sex drive

1.) Were you depressed before starting Finasteride (saw palmetto in my case)
Yes, always suffered with depression and mental health issues to some degree
Yes, high libido, good sex life for the past year and a half
Not exceptionally strong, but athletic. Went to the gym several times a week and used to do boxing. Still feeling fit physically, my sides are purely sexual and to an extent mental.
Yes, stressed due to a recent breakup, coronavirus lockdown, university workload and perceived hairloss among other things.

No. I was upset about hairloss, but I wouldn’t say it was depression.

Yes. I almost always thought about sex. I have a larger-than-average penis.

I definitely believe I was on the stronger side. I barely worked out, yet my body looks somewhat jacked, especially with tighter shirt on. I think I was benching close to 200 lbs pre-fin, and the only exercise I did was light jogging and/or cycling. I barely lift, and if I do, it’s almost always with light weights. I’m pretty sure I would be even bigger if I did heavy lifting.

Possibly. I was a bit anxious about the side effects,

Not really, I was happy with how my life was going.

No, just a normal libido.

Normal, I was well build and fairly muscular. Didnt measure my T levels before.

Perhaps a little. I noticed my hair was thinning quite a bit in a short time spam.

1. No
  2. At times, but overall no
  3. Athletic strong, but not crazy strong. More of a quick athlete than strong athlete.
  4. Yes, I had been drinking on spring break and got sick with strep throat. This is something I have noticed in most cases, some sort of stressors (i.e. lack of sleep, job stress, drugs, etc.)