PFS Liver thread

There’s been a lot of talk about the liver lately and how it affects PFS symptoms. I don’t think “PFS is a liver disease.” But the liver is such a dynamic organ that it seems probable that problems of synthesis or breakdowns in the liver could be part of the PFS puzzle. Liver health seems to help the brain fog of PFS sufferers. Raw diets have been successful along with the recent success of Maximum Milk Thistle. This thread is to discuss theories on how the liver is related to PFS.

1 Like

Liver-related theories have been discussed previously:

viewtopic.php?t=789
viewtopic.php?t=859

the liver is something i’ve been wanting to try to detoxify… but i have no idea how to do it in a way that wouldn’t effect us negatively… propecia and merck left our bodies so sensitive to random things that it’s hard to find something that clears the liver, but doesn’t negatively effect other areas of the body

You can join the Maximum Milk Thistle team.

what are you referring to?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5969

Read up on Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification. There are certain amino acids and stuff involved in each phase. Certain toxins are detoxed in each phase depending on whether or not they are water soluble.

Buy Sandra Cabot’s book on how to cleanse the liver. liverdoctor.com/ In it she goes over all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants that are needed for the liver to detox. She also goes over what herbs are useful, such as Milk Thistle, Turmeric and Parsley. She also describes how to do a “liver flush”.

Coffee enemas are great for detoxing the liver.

I have bought all of the nutrients involved in liver detox. I am slowly adding one buy one. Taurine 1000 mg/day had a good effect on my well being as well. Not as Maximum Milk Thistle but there is definitely something there.

advance-health.com/curcumin.html

livestrong.com/article/466360-fennel-cancer/

Both of those things down regulate nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is required for sex drive… the milk thistle may upregulate NO which would be good… but there’s no way I’m taking things that down regulate it… thus like I said… hard to say what will not react to us in a bad way…

Tests for liver detox ability. We can do a Detoxification Profile at Genova Diagnostics in the USA. This is a functional test to look at stage one and stage two detoxification.

Source: drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Fermentation_in_the_gut_and_CFS

Hey Guys,

Just wondering just another one of my random questions.

I had high ALT Prior to taking propecia, could this be the cause of side effects coming so quick? (not a big drinker, only occasional big weekends before propecia)

S ALT 48 H to 48 H (5-40) U/L
S AST 30 to 32 (10-40) U/L

Could this explain vommitting and nausea?
Could the liver be involved?

"The liver provides enzymes that produce the neurotransmitters Acetylcholine, Nitric Oxide (NO), and the erectile dilator cyclic Guanylate Monophosphate(cGMP). If the liver produces too much Phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 5, which blocks the action of cGMP on the penile erectile tissues, then a man might have trouble with his erection. Also, the liver produces another enzyme called Aromatase that converts testosterone to estradiol and androstenedione to estrone. Too much Aromatase will lower the level of testosterone and reduce libido.

If you have ever felt tired, unexcited, and unable to perform at your best, then you probably do not have enough 5-alpha reductase. 5-alpha reductase is another enzyme produced by the liver to convert testosterone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is used to recharge the bioelectricity of the nervous functions during sexual activities. DHT is also used in part to help enlarge you penis if you do penis enlargement exercises. However, too much DHT can lead to unwanted consequences. DHT has been linked to hair loss, prostate inflammation, and acne. The production of too much DHT will trigger those effects.

Finally, you need your liver to expel unwanted chemicals, including excessive androstenedione, testosterone and estrogen out of the body, in addition to metabolic wastes, drugs, alcohol, smoking, mimic estrogen and growth hormones from animal meats, milks, pesticides and birth control pill/injection.

The liver seems to act as the computer processor that organizes and distributes the goods from the bads. In sex, we need plenty of good and we need to eliminate all of the bads.

To sum it up, you need to maintain the health of your liver so that you may be able to perform well in bed. "

I have tried to detox my liver on several occasions…

…I did a course of chinese bitters via sensiblehealth.com
I noticed a dramatic improvement in libido, but i experienced pretty bad estrogenic side effects, mainly swelling of lips.

…Liv 52 is another good supplement for cleansing the liver.
But any time that i take this supplement, i get side effects (swelling and feminising effects around the face and lips).

… I tried Milk thistle, but experienced pretty bad prostate pain and a relapse of insomnia.

Hopefully the research being made by awor and his team will be able to answer your questions
and pinpoint any enzyme(s) in our liver that are not working properly.

Yeah cool, I’m trying raw foods and juicing good for cleansing stay away from thinks like milk and bread. My alt was high not sure if it’s responsible we’ll wait and see from the studies.

What dosage did you take of liv 52? There’s another user who said it improved his baseline a ton (spontaneous erections with no other improvements, but that’s still solid)